At South Cheshire College, a third of full-time 16-19-year-old students are enrolled in our successful and diverse A Level programme. We currently offer over 30 A Level subjects across a range of curriculum areas.
In 2016, we proudly celebrated our tenth year of gaining a 99% or above pass rate on A Level subjects. The College consistently achieves outstanding results, with 2016 showing a pass rate of 99.1% – above the national pass rate of 98.1%. 76.5% of students who completed the A Level programme in 2016 achieved A*, A, B or C grades, of these pupils, 48.6% attained top grades of A*-B’s.
South Cheshire College’s £75 million campus provides A Level students with outstanding facilities to enhance their learning. The College’s three-storey library hosts over 16,000 books, 5,000 e-books, access to thousands of online journals and articles, 120 networked computers and space for group and private study.
The facilities provide A Level students with outstanding training areas including industry-standard dance, tv, radio and photography studios, a fully-functioning theatre, state-of-the-art science labs, a large sports arena and gymnasium.
South Cheshire College’s A Level study programme is designed to provide students with combined skills and knowledge to fully prepare them for their next steps to university, employment or an apprenticeship. All students have access to a range of unique opportunities offered through our SCC Futures programme, which includes seminars and support delivered through our partnership with the University of Oxford. The A Level study programme includes 24 hours of work experience to be completed in an area relevant to the student’s subject choices, providing the young person with a stronger profile for their journey after leaving the College.
- A-Level Art - Fine Art
- A-Level Art and Design - Graphic Communication
- A-Level Art-Fashion & Textiles
- A-Level Biology
- A-Level Business Studies
- A-Level Chemistry
- A-Level Classical Civilisations
- A-Level Computer Science
- A-Level Drama and Theatre Studies
- A-Level Economics
- A-Level English Language
- A-Level English Literature
- A-Level Film Studies
- A-Level French
- A-Level Further Maths
- A-Level Geography
- A-Level Geology
- A-Level German
- A-Level Government and Politics
- A-Level History
- A-Level Law
- A-Level Mathematics
- A-Level Media Studies
- A-Level Philosophy, Ethics and Religious Studies
- A-Level Photography
- A-Level Physical Education
- A-Level Physics
- A-Level Psychology
- A-Level Sociology
- A-Level Spanish
- Dance (BTEC Certificate)
- Mathematical Studies - Core Maths
- Music Performing (Certificate)
- Music Technology (Certificate)
How to apply to SCC
Apply to SCC using the following 5 steps:
- Choose your course. Please only apply for one course at a time (if you are applying for A-Levels choose 4 subjects). Select the course you wish to apply for from the course menu list. This is available on the information page for each course.
- Attend a guidance interview. We will be in touch to arrange a suitable time for you to come to college to discuss your application. Parents/Guardians are able to attend the guidance interview with you is you wish them to. You will then be given a conditional or unconditional offer.
- Confirm your GCSE results. If you have a conditional offer dependent on your GCSE results.
- Enrol in your course. You will be invited in to enrol at the end of August.
- Arrive for Induction. We will be in touch at the end of the summer to confirm your course start date.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 1, 2018