Easter Revision Courses for A-Level exams offer a fresh look at the key topics in the chosen subject and provide an intensive overview of the specified core material. Oxford Sixth Form College has been running these courses since 1984, with proven results in improving students’ overall grades.
Our courses are structured to motivate and challenge students in their studies and to boost their confidence. We deliver our courses in small groups and provide an academically stimulating environment, encouraging greater student involvement in the learning process. You can expect:
- A high degree of individual attention and supervision, careful adherence in each subject to the subject specification, with reference to previous examination questions, an emphasis on sound study, revision and examination technique.
- Care is taken to establish the precise topics and options allowing students to prepare for their exams.
- Expert, highly qualified staff who specialise in teaching A-Levels. Our high calibre tutors communicate ideas skillfully and are sympathetic to each student’s study issues.
- Advice on how to organise and prioritise revision over the crucial final weeks, a thorough review of subject material with specific reference to previous exam questions. Where particular difficulties are encountered with more problematic topics, care is taken to explain these fully.
- Careful guidance with exam answering technique and a timed test to help evaluate areas for improvement.
- Ideal facilities and environment for thorough, intensive study in the heart of Oxford.
- Students study for either 1 or 2 four-day weeks, focusing on one subject per week.
- A ‘mock’ examination, based on the material covered during the week, is taken at the end of the course.
- Reports with comments on progress and performance during the week, their mock exam results, and advice on how to use the final weeks of exam preparation are sent to each student within a week of the conclusion of the course.
- Occasional individual tutorials are available to cover specific or unique needs. Please contact us for more information on this.
- Located in the College’s boarding house, the accommodation is a four-minute walk from the teaching locations.
- Each student has a single study bedroom with en-suite bathroom facilities.
- Bedrooms are centrally heated and have their own desks.
- Breakfast and dinner are provided. Arrangements are made for special dietary needs.
- Residential house parents ensure that students are comfortable in their accommodation and that domestic difficulties are speedily resolved.
- Students are encouraged to use their time sensibly; homework and preparation are set each evening and every effort is taken to create a positive environment conducive to study.
A-level course dates
- Week One: Monday 6th – Thursday 9th April 2020 (boarders arrive Sunday 5th April)
- Week Two: Tuesday 14th – Friday 17th April 2020 (boarders arrive Monday 13th April)
A-Level (Full days): £765 per week (19.5 contact hours + study skills development and exam practice)
Please note that subjects which are taught on an individual basis will be subject to reduced hours as follows:
Individual tuition: 10.5 hours per week at the above prices
Half Board – £385 per week
A refundable £100 key deposit is payable
About the School
Established in 1988, Oxford Sixth Form College is one of the UK’s leading independent sixth form colleges for students aged 15-19. Formerly named Oxford Tutorial College, we sustain the tutorial tradi ... Read More