- IGCSE (PRE-A LEVEL / PRE-IB)
- A LEVELS (AGE 16+)
- SUMMER ENGLISH COURSE ( AGES 14-17)
The right course for you will depend on your age, your level of academic English and your academic background.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS AT D'OVERBROECK'S
WHAT MAKES D'OVERBROECK'S SPECIAL?
There are a number of reasons why studying at d’Overbroeck’s will be a special experience for lots of students compared to their previous schooling or to other schools in the UK. Here are some of the things that our students and parents most frequently mention:
- The friendly, supportive and relatively informal atmosphere which allows students to feel quickly at ease.
- The quality of the teaching staff and the wide range of experience beyond education many of them bring to their classes.
- How well we get to know each of our students, so we can best help them to be successful and happy – both in school and beyond.
- The way we use our knowledge of our students to guide every individual in their personal and academic development.
- The quality of feedback on progress for both students and parents and the progress students make
- The range of extra-curricular activities, educational excursions and other trips on offer.
- If you come for a visit, then you will be able to experience life at d’Overbroeck’s yourself and judge what you see.
On a visit, you might notice some of the following things:
- Everyone uses first names - students and staff talk to each other as equals
- The class sizes are small - up to a maximum of 12 students, so everyone gets a lot of attention from their teacher.
- Teachers and students enjoy talking to each other – not just in classes about school work.
- There isn’t a formal ‘suit and tie’ uniform. Year 7 – 11 students wear a dark blue pullover and polo-shirt with the school logo.
- Our A level students don’t have a uniform – we believe they should be treated as the young adults they are becoming.
Studying in the UK is an exciting challenge, and we will support you every step of the way. d'Overbroeck's is a warm, friendly, lively place where you will make many friends.
You will work hard to get excellent results - but our aim is that you also enjoy your studies.
STUDY ON OUR A LEVEL PROGRAMME IN LONDON
We are delighted to be opening a new Sixth Form in London to complement our existing school in Oxford.
d'Overbroeck's International, London, embodies the same ethos and the same approach to teaching and pastoral care that we have developed over many years in Oxford. Our primary aim, in London as it is in Oxford, is to create an educational environment in which our students are happy, engaged and academically successful.