MPW has been welcoming international students for more than 15 years. With around 150 spaces for new international students available each year across the Group, MPW has a vibrant international community that benefits from interacting with the predominantly British student body. This provides an ideal learning environment for our international students to establish the language and cultural skills needed to succeed in the highly competitive world of higher education.
At MPW we offer the most comprehensive suite of A level options that you will find in any academic institution in the UK. Subjects are offered over three different course durations with no restrictions on subject combination or course length.
Here are the A level options offered at MPW:
- Two-year A level courses (September start) for students who want to apply to the top UK universities. Students normally study 4 subjects and IELTS English (if required)) in year 1 and continue with three subjects and English (if required) in year 2.
- 18-month A level courses (January start) for students who want to apply to the top UK universities. Students normally study 3 A level courses and English (if required) over the period of the course, with an extra AS level as the fourth subject in year 2 if needed for university entrance.
- One-year A level courses for students who want to transfer from other examination systems (for example, as an IBDP to A level conversion course, or from the HKDSE) or who want to improve on previous A level grades in order to apply to the top UK universities.
A Level Entry Requirements:
- Course start date & length: September (1 year & 2 years), January (18 months)
- English level (minimum): IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent)
- Age: 15-19 years on entry
- Qualifications: 5 GCSE passes at grade C, or their equivalent
- English literature
- Modern and classical languages
- Maths and further maths
Other subjects including, but not limited to:
- Art, Craft and Design
- Business Studies
- Film Studies
- Media Studies
- Information and Communication Technology
2016 A Level Results
MPW has a highly consistent record of exam results over many years and across all three of our colleges. Our A Level results for 2016 show this continuing success:
- Once again the most commonly achieved result across the whole of MPW is A*/A
- 37% of exams taken at MPW resulted in grade A*/A (against the national average of 26%)
- 68% of exams taken at MPW resulted in grades A*-B (against the national average of 53%)
Adam joined MPW from Malaysia for 18-month A level courses in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. He achieved grades A*AA and won a place to read Chemical Engineering at University College London. Adam says:
"I knew I wanted to come to the UK for my A levels and I chose MPW because of its location. Before MPW I was at a boarding school where everything was very strict and scheduled. I learn much better when I am managing my own time and so I really like the free periods at MPW that you can use for self-study. The teachers here have really helped ignite my passion for the subjects I am studying by teaching things outside of the syllabus, which has also helped with my personal statement. MPW has provided a great exposure to a new culture. I think the system here is better than the Malaysian education system: the class sizes are much smaller and the schedules are better managed. I was nervous about coming at first but now I am really happy and I have made friends through my lessons and through where I live."
About the School
MPW was established in 1973 with a mission to work with students to turn their academic aspirations into reality. Since its foundation, MPW has enjoyed a reputation for excellence in providing bespoke ... Read More