Drawing on its experience and worldwide reputation in the field of character animation, GOBELINS conceived a specialized professional training in 3D character animation which profiles are high demanded. This programme has been built with the help of instructors coming from the best 3D animation studios and includes hands-on exercises to master direction, movements and acting skills. This programme also includes conferences from international animation and video games experts, the production of a demo reel, a professional internship and an end-of-training report. This programme has a strong international focus with participants coming from all over the world.
- Movement: gravity and weight
- Animation styles: from realism to cartoon
- Character Animation: humans, animals and toons
- 3D Layout
- The different 3D Animation techniques: methodology and practice
- Conferences by international animation experts
- Production of an individual demo reel showcasing the student’s animation skills
- Proficiency of 3D character animation (human characters, animals, realist style, cartoon, etc.)
- Creativity in terms of animation
- Specialization training in 3D Character Animation.
- International focus with participants from all over the world
- High-level international instructors
- Hands-on practical exercises with high levels of pedagogical progression so that participants can reach a professional level of 3D animation and gain new career opportunities.
- Participation in FMX, one of the biggest European conferences for 3D animation professionals
- 2-months internship with a training report to be written.
- Production of a demo reel, particularly helpful in the professional world and for job search
Students with an undergraduate degree in the field of 3D Computer Imagery, or professionals with at least a two-year experience in this field.
- Undergraduate degree in the fields of 3D animation (modeling, animation, rendering) or 2D animation with a 3D experience, or a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in these fields.
- No age limit
A good proficiency in the MAYA software is mandatory to pass the selection test.
1st Session :
- Opening of applications: 1st January 2017
- Closing of applications: 8th March 2017
- Technical test: 20th March 2017
- Admission interviews: 21st, 22nd,23rd and 24th & March 2017
2nd Session :
- Opening of applications: Monday March 27th 2017
- Closing of applications: Wednesday May 10th 2017
- Technical test: Monday May 22nd 2017
- Admission interviews: May 23rd and 24th 2017
- Selection based on application files
- Technical test
Program taught in:
See 1 more programs offered by GOBELINS - L'école de l'image »
This course is
Individual funding for European citizen, non-European citizen and company sponsorship: 12 600 €