CREATING FASCINATING WORLDS WITH 3D ANIMATION
Launch your career as a 3D animator in the dynamic digital technology and cinema industry!
With this 3D animation and VFX training available at our recognized VFX & Game Design School, learn how to create special effects for film, television, video games and many other audiovisual and multimedia fields.
Practice your skills with cutting-edge software such as Maya, V-Ray, Premiere, ZBrush, Photoshop and Nuke, so that you will be ready to enter the industry and make full use of the skills and knowledge you acquire during your 3D animation and VFX training courses.
Our teachers have worked in production studios and are industry professionals. They will help you create a portfolio to give you a step up onto the job market.
Our graduates will be able to choose from careers as 3D animators, 3D artists, character or environment designers, special effects designers or modelers, to name just a few.
Many LaSalle College graduates have worked on major productions such as Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within, 300, and video games such as Halo III.
With our courses in 3D animation and VFX, you’ll learn all there is to know about programming languages!
MEHODS OF INSTRUCTION
- At the Montréal campus
- Create functional storyboards and storylines for 3D animation
- Master computer animation and special effects
- Organize and manage your wild and creative ideas
- Understand and analyze the various aspects of the animation industry
PROSPECTIVE STUDENT PROFILE
- Film enthusiast
- Artistically driven
- Strong interest about emerging animation technology
- Great communication skills
- Passionate about digital art and drawing
To be considered for admission to a program leading to an attestation of college studies, you must have an education considered sufficient by the College and meet one of the following criteria:
- Completion of at least one year of postsecondary studies;
- Participation in a government program or an agreement between the College and your employer;
- Two semesters or one full school year must have passed since your previous studies (i.e. high school).
- General 3D artists for TV and film
- 3D animators
- Character designers
- Environment designers
- Composers, special effects artists
BE A STUDENT FOR A DAY
Come spend the day with our students and teachers. This is a unique opportunity to help you make a better choice about your education. It’s free of charge and there are no future obligations!
One year (three 15-week semesters). Total of 1035 hours.
CLASS SIZE & FACILITIES
- Maximum 20 students per class;
- One student per workstation during lab time.
- Maya, V-Ray, Premiere, Photoshop, Nuke, ZBrush.
Attestation of college studies (AEC)
On the first day of class, the teacher will provide you with a detailed
list of the required materials for the semester and then help find the
About the School
Being the largest bilingual college in North America, LaSalle College counts five speciality schools with over 60 programs to choose from. Each year, its campus welcomes close to 25% of its student po ... Read More