- Aim to help beginners achieve the following goals:
- Lay a solid foundation in basic knowledge of Chinese and gain intermediate comprehensive abilities in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Reach the language entry requirements of Chinese-instructed undergraduate and graduate programs at Donghua University (HSK 4 above 210 scores, or HSK 5 above 180 scores).
Diverse Teaching Method: The minimum size of each class is 8 students and the average is about 15. Morning classes will focus on the training of listening, speaking, reading and writing. Colorful language practices will be held in the afternoon, such as customized training, listening and speaking practice in the language lab, language excursions and cultural experience.
Periodic Review: Periodic test will be held every two to four weeks to strengthen the learned knowledge. Students who fail to pass the tests twice continuously will be withdrawn from the Intensive Chinese Program and transferred to the full-time Chinese Language Program !.
HSK Tutorial: HSK tutorial, focusing on improving students’ HSK examination techniques, will open in the third session.
Awards: Students who perform well both academically and daily will have the chance to gain the “Excellent Student Award” or “Progress Award” and win the corresponding prize. Excellent students can also be recommended when applying for further degree study or scholarships.
Benefits to Continuous Study: Students who successfully complete the Intensive Chinese Program and join the Chinese-instructed self-funded degree programs at Donghua University afterwards can enjoy a one-off CNY 2000 tuition waiver in the first semester. If students continue to learn other Chinese language programs, they can enjoy the application fee and tuition fee waiver for currently enrolled students. The benefits and the above awards are applicable simultaneously.
There are three different Sessions.
- Session One (Year 2015, Sept. 8 ~ Dec. 18, 15 Weeks)
- Session Two (Year 2016, Jan. 5 ~ Jan. 29, 4 Weeks)
- Session Three (Year 2016, Mar. 8 ~ Jun. 17, 15 Weeks)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 9, 2016