Welcome to Wakefield College
The City of Wakefield sits at the heart of West Yorkshire, and at the heart of the Wakefield district is Wakefield College. The College is the largest college in the District and has an impressive track record, having provided education and training in Wakefield and its surrounding area since 1868.
Today, the College has its base in three major areas as well as delivering learning in community settings all over the district.
Our College is committed to working in partnership with local schools, employers and learning providers to transform learning, attainment, achievement and progression across the district. We have good relationships with schools across the Wakefield district and the College has a broad mix of former pupils from across the region.
The College is home to over 10,000 students, of all ages and abilities, studying a broad range of courses, from pre-entry level through to higher education and professional qualifications.
A level pass rates have been above 95% for the past six years and were also described as ‘Outstanding’. Inspectors further complimented the College for its outstanding support for learners to improve their economic and social wellbeing and for the highly effective action it takes to prepare learners for employment and progression to higher education.
Wakefield College is a good College – but don’t just take our word for it, look at what Ofsted say!
Ofsted conducted a full Inspection of Wakefield College in February 2014, looking at every area of our work from sixth form provision to training to help people back into work, and they concluded that we are a good College.
They judged that:
- the large majority of teaching, learning and assessment is good or better;
- that students make good progress and that their studies prepare them for further study or employment;
- that students speak highly of the advice and guidance they receive about university applications;
- and that progression to further and higher study is good;
- that staff are enthusiastic and well-qualified;
- that resources are of high-quality.
- They were also complimentary about the support we give to students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities, rating it as ‘excellent’ and concluded that students have a strong voice.
Our College works hard to be at the centre of its local community, delivering what the District needs and students want. See what we have to offer and come and join us.
You won’t be disappointed.
- 10,884 students taught in 2013
- 97% overall A Level pass rate in 2014
- 18 A Level subjects achieved 100% pass rate in 2014
- 97% overall satisfaction rating from HE students
- 97.3% overall satisfaction rating from FE students
- 10,000+ vocational qualifications achieved in 2013
This school offers programs in: