The Faculty of General Dental Practice (UK) is the only professional membership body in the UK specifically for general dental practitioners and dental care professionals.
Our aim is to improve the standard of care delivered to patients through standard setting, publications, postgraduate training and assessment, education and research.
To positively influence oral health through education of the dental profession and the provision of evidence-based guidance
Advancing dental care
Our Strategy for 2015 - 2018
- To promote high quality dental practice and patient care through evidence-based standards and guidance, and to encourage their widespread adoption throughout the profession.
- To respond to the needs of the profession by providing high quality education and career support.
- To strengthen the Faculty’s position by enhancing and promoting the value of membership and increasing membership numbers.
- To increase the Faculty’s external influence and build effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- To be an agile and forward-thinking organisation that takes a progressive and proactive approach to all our activities.
- At all times to promote and support the fundamentals of patient care: clinical effectiveness, safety, patient experience.
This school offers programs in: