FTA is currently one of the only UK flight training academies to teach all of its integrated training entirely in the UK.
We provide commercial pilot training from an operational airport (Brighton City) and use the latest training aircraft. FTA also spend more time with each student than most other flight schools, working hard to prepare every trainee pilot for a career in aviation.
At FTA we aim to equip you with the skills and confidence you need to succeed in the aviation industry.
At FTA, we don’t place our cadets, they place themselves. We strongly believe in developing our cadets’ skills to help them become the best pilots they can possibly be; whilst at the same time allowing them to broaden their horizons and future career prospects.
Our statistics currently show that almost 85%* (and still climbing) of pilots that successfully completed a professional course with us in 2014 have already gained employment as pilots.
Our former students have secured jobs with major airlines, including Easyjet, Aer Arann, Ryanair, Monarch, Aer Lingus Regional, Cathay Pacific, CityJet, Qatar Airways, Etihad, Lion Air, Arik Air, Iraqi Airways, Iberia, Turkish Airlines, Jet2, Wizz Air, Air Arabia, Air Baltic, Estonian Air, AirX, Sriwijaya Air, Susi Air, Atlas Global and Air Contractors. Former students have also secured jobs in other pilot careers such as business jet companies and approved training organisations.
- Students are not obliged to inform us when they secure a job.
- Students that have not confirmed if they have gained employment are assumed not to have secured employment for the purpose of this data. This means that if this sample has gained employment the actual number would increase by approximately 10%.
- This number does not include any students currently going through the airline interview process.
- The data includes every single student regardless of other variables.
- The Data Set has not been reduced.
- Professional courses include both integrated and modular.
Support for Career Development
We want all of our students to enjoy rewarding careers as commercial pilots, which is why we offer them additional career development support after successful completion of their course. This includes CV development and interview technique practice.
During the course, we will also work hard to help you achieve a first-time pass where possible – one of the best ways to impress a prospective employer.
OUR AIRPORT AND FLEET
FTA operates one of the largest and most modern fleets of training aircraft in the UK. The aircraft have an exceptional safety record and allow our students to train on similar systems to those found in today’s commercial airliners.
Our training fleet grows year on year and currently accounts for over 10% of all Diamond aircraft registered in the UK. Our fleet comprises of both single-engine piston (SEP) and multi-engine piston (MEP) aircraft – all maintained in accordance with and exceeding stringent European EASA regulations. The fleet contains the following systems:
- Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC)
- Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS)
- Longitudinal and Lateral axis Autopilot with altitude preselect
- Flight Management System (FMS)
- Air Data Computer (ADC)
- Anti-Ice System
- Conventional Instrument Displays
- Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS)
At FTA you will enjoy the rewards of being part of a tight knit community, with people who share your dream of becoming a pilot.
Often, our trainees make friends for life while training at FTA. Students share in celebrating each other’s successes and often support each other through the challenges of the course.
What’s unique about FTA is that our trainees study in the heart of an aviation campus at an operational airport.
As much as our facilities, it’s the people who make the difference. Our instructors are dedicated, knowledgeable and approachable and create the perfect environment in which to help you succeed.
This school offers programs in: