Welcome to the ultimate university experience awaits you this summer at the University of California, Irvine. Over a short amount of time, UC Irvine has been recognized globally for its excellence in academics and research. Our ranking as #1 in the U.S. and #7 in the world, in a Times Higher Education analysis on the best universities under 50 years old, is a testament to the caliber of our academic reputation. UC Irvine combines the strengths of a large, dynamic research university with the friendly feel of a small college, and incredible bounty of an incomparable Southern California location.
Join the diverse student body of 12,000 students in the summer.
- Money magazine ranked UCI 13th among the nation’s four-year colleges and universities delivering the most value, 3rd best public university in the nation and the #1 university for beach lovers
- #9 among the nation’s best public universities by U.S. News & World Report
- The Paul Merage School of Business is ranked among the top business schools by U.S. News and World Report, Business Week, and the Financial Times
- #1 out of 179 schools in a New York Times measure of access to college for lower-and middle-income students
- 3 UC Irvine researchers have been awarded Nobel Prizes
- Irvine is the safest big city in America for 10 consecutive years Federal Bureau of Investigation Students at UCI come from across the U.S. and over 87 countries are represented
Expand your Horizons in Diverse and Beautiful Irvine
Southern California is a major tourist destination with amazing arts, culture, and adventure all within short distances of each other. Irvine has a domestic airport and trains so participants can travel anywhere in California or the U.S. relatively quickly.
Living at UCI
Arroyo Vista Housing is a short walk to classes and the Univesity Center.
By living on campus you will be part of our multi-cultural community, and will meet, study, and develop friendships with other students. On-campus housing is available for all registered domestic and international Summer Session students.
Welcome Weekend -- arrival and orientation
Student Support When you first arrive, Summer Session staff will greet you at the airport and take you to your residence halls. They will help you check-in, pick-up your keys, and settle in. You will meet your new housemates and have some time to relax before our group dinner. On Sunday, we have a mandatory orientation. There you will learn about academic expectations and resources, immigration, safety, and American culture. You will also get to know all of the international students, program interns and staff. For the rest of the day, you have the option of going shopping with us, exploring Irvine, or relaxing in your dorm room!
This school offers programs in: