Milton Keynes College is proud to be an accessible institution open to all learners 14 years and up regardless of their background. We offer a wide range of courses to suit everyone with high-quality teaching and state-of-the-art facilities in a supportive, fun environment.
Providing high-quality education and training for over thirty years
Established in 1984, Milton Keynes is proud to be an accessible College with a strong reputation for providing high-quality education to learners of all levels 14 years old and over. Rapid growth in the last ten years has seen turnover top £40m. With more than 1,100 staff members, the College is also one of the largest employers in Milton Keynes.
This academic year the College welcomed over 20,000 students to our Further and Higher Education courses for professional and development training or on offender learning courses.
The curriculum comprises a broad range of qualifications with over 3,000 16 to 18-year-old full-time students studying A-Levels, vocational courses and apprenticeships, as well as courses for 14 to 16 year olds.
Students looking to study at degree level use our ultra-modern Silbury Campus in central Milton Keynes.
In addition to campus-based learning, there are Skills for Life qualifications and employability programmes providing for another 3,000 students in local community learning centres.
The College has been working with prisoners for over twenty years and is now responsible for 30% of all UK Offender Learning. Having started at just one prison, HMP Woodhill here in Milton Keynes, College staff now teach in thirty-one prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
VISION & VALUES
Milton Keynes College's sole aim is to be the best general Further Education college in the country and deliver the highest quality education to all learners. Here, you can learn more about our visions and values.
Milton Keynes College's sole aim is to be the best general Further Education College in the country and deliver the highest quality education to all learners. Here, you can learn more about the things we believe in.
Whether you are a student, a teacher or a college, to be the best, it is essential to have a vision of success. Milton Keynes College is at the heart of the city community intimately connected to all levels of society and the local economy.
We believe in:
- Welcoming anyone who wants to learn and improve with no boundaries to limit their access and every support to help them progress and succeed
- Building the strongest partnerships with our communities, businesses and all with an interest in making the city and its people stronger
- Working to grow the city’s economy and create greater opportunities for all
We believe these things individually and as a group. They guide our day-to-day decision making. This is how we set out to achieve them:
- To inspire - where everyone motivates, engages, challenges, and stretches each other
- To strive for excellence - where everyone recognises their own potential and becomes the best they can be
- To demonstrate integrity - where everyone is committed to being open in all we do and to be honest and do the right thing
- To show respect - where we listen, consider the views of others and value everyone
- To innovate - where new ideas and thinking are generated around people, products and processes
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY
Milton Keynes College is committed to a culture that enables inclusion, embraces difference, challenges prejudice and promotes justice. We will foster a supportive, creative, self-critical and reflective community that promotes personal and professional development for all its members.
This school offers programs in: