EASA approved ATO "Pilotų Mokykla" is the largest place for training amateur pilots in Lithuania. This is the first private pilot training school in the Baltic States with a flying base in Paluknis airport. During a year several hundreds of different certificates are issued there. According to the international requirements, the Pilot School is an Approved Training Organization (ATO). Students learn according to the module teaching programmes. For example one module is initial training of an amateur pilot, and so on. It takes one and a half years to train a pilot of commercial aviation. The school uses following planes: C-150, C-152, C-172, C-206, PA-28, PA-30, PA-34, PA-38, PA-46, Malibu, An-2, Cessna Mustang, Beechcraft Premier I. During a year the Pilot School can train up to 100 pilots. For experienced pilots training school offers A320 Family,B737-300/900, ERJ 170/190 and SAAB 340 type rating courses.
The school has founded a general aviation technical maintenance organization ELSA technics, which services and repairs planes. This Company has been Issued PART 145 license confirming the technical maintenance organization.
Pilots of airline transport companies are trained at the Pilot School for more than 15 years. The first to arrive to be trained there were pilots from Latvia. At the present time the flow from Latvia is still steady, however there are also students from Ukraine, Finland, Estonia, Italy, Poland, Sweden, Norway and Germany. Those who want to enroll can register in our website and then attend part of the lessons in classrooms and part of them at home having connected to the teaching material by specially provided codes.
ATO "Pilotų Mokykla" Provides these flight training courses :
- Aircraft and helicopter private pilot license PPL (A) (H);
- Commercial pilot license (CPL);
- Instrument rating (IR) course;
- Multi – engine airplane pilot (MEP);
- Multi Crew Co-Operation course (MCC) with FNPT II simulator (equipped with aircraft models B200 Super King Air, ATR-42);
- From 0 to Commercial Pilot License (CPL) with ATPL (frozen);
- Boeing 737-300/400/500 -737-600/700/800/900 Type rating course
- Airbus A318/319/320/321 Type rating course;
- SAAB 340 Type rating course;
- Embraer ERJ 170/190 Type rating course.
This school offers programs in: