EUTHECA - The European Union Academy of Theatre and Cinema and the Academy of higher education in the arts of Theatre of Cinema with headquarters in Rome. EUTHECA is a point of reference in Italy, for the training and preparation of actors wanting to embark on an international career thanks to a study programme which also foresees the teaching of recitation in English for the theatre, the Cinema and for the different trades which make up the world of entertainment. EUTHECA is also home to a resident theatre company and within the same organisation, has a Theatre where both national and international productions find their place.
EUTHECA selects students from around the world to take part in its acting training courses, thanks to a high level didactic programme, in keeping with the major European theatre and cinema schools.
The Eutheca Diploma is achieved at the end of a Three-year Drama course. Students who have completed the three-year programme profitably may also achieve the BA (Hons) in Acting, a British qualification which is equivalent to the three-year Italian degree. A fourth specialisation year will begin for academic year 2012-2013 within the Academy of Rome,which will allow actors to undertake specific training in subjects such as the Russian school, cinema and film direction.
THE THREE-YEAR DRAMA COURSE Formal drama training is not necessary for enrolment in the Three-year Drama course at the EUTHECA Academy, nor is it necessary to be engaged in a professional field. It is however necessary to pass an aptitude test for admission. In order to be admitted to the test, students wanting to take part in the school training courses for actors in Rome must apply to the submissions notices which are periodically published on this website. The academic year begins in October and finishes in the middle of July. The programme envisages obligatory attendance from Monday to Friday for an average of 6-8 hours a day. In exceptional cases, some courses may also take place on Saturdays and/or Sundays for a total of 800 hours A YEAR (the aim is for students to reach an artistic awareness and technical competence to be able to embark on a professional career in the world of Theatre or Cinema. The Academy's educational offer is based on the principal recital methods that have set 20th-century theatre apart from contemporary theatre. In the second and third year of the course, students will have the opportunity of undertaking numerous experiences on the stage and to come into direct contact with the great professional reality. Besides basic courses, students can take part in workshops and internships with important, internationally recognised Masters and, as of the second year will undergo a traineeship in productions alongside cinema and theatre professionals. At the end of the three-year course students:
- Will be able to put the various recitation techniques into practice, understanding the basic principals of improvisation and research. At the end of the third year, students will have acquired the necessary artistic awareness and competence to embark in a professional theatre acting career.
- They will be able to work on theatre production processes, analysing the different conception, trial and development phases.
- They will have acquired the ability to work in a group under the guide of a director and will have matured their awareness of the professional ethics and role of the actor both on and off stage.
- They will be able to work in international productions and contexts, thanks to their training in Italian and English and the educational offer directed to the international production market.
- They will also be prepared for the possibilities of conceiving autonomous theatre productions, managing the artistic and organisational aspects by themselves and offering valid support to the production itself.
This school offers programs in: