University of Bath International Foundation Year
The International Foundation Year is a one year course based at Wiltshire College Salisbury that prepares students for entry onto their chosen University of Bath degree. As long as students achieve the necessary grades they will be guaranteed automatic entry into Year 1 at one of the highest ranking Universities in the UK.
The International Foundation Year has been developed especially for international students, because it is important to have the opportunity to learn how to study in the UK and to develop the appropriate study skills ready for progression to the University of Bath.
The University of Bath has accredited Wiltshire College to run the International Foundation Year; chosen for their excellent teaching and support for international students.
During the International Foundation Year, students choose three subjects to study from the following list:
- Social Science
- English (for Academic Purposes)
Students will also undertake a study skills programme. The College will help and guide each student enabling them to choose the right three subjects to meet the entry requirements for the chosen degree.
Arranged over two 15-week semesters, students will have a comprehensive range of lectures, tutorials, and group work as well as laboratory classes, where appropriate. Each unit is made up of coursework and an end of semester examination. Throughout the course students will develop the subject knowledge needed as well as acquiring the study and academic English language skills required to succeed in the UK’s higher education system.
There are 30 weeks of study in total, with 23 hours of classroom study per week. Students will be required to complete a considerable amount of self-study to stay on top of their work.
Career prospects and opportunities
Each year, over 85% of our IFY students progress to the University of Bath with the remainder accepting a place at an alternative UK university. The success of our students is a high priority at Wiltshire College. One of the many benefits of having a relatively small cohort of international students is that our staff know each student individually and can ensure that they stay on top of their work and have access to the support they need, when they need it.
The minimum qualifications needed to be considered for a place on the International Foundation Year are shown below. These are general guidelines only; please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance with entry criteria.
- 12 years of school education with strong academic grades of at least 75%, especially in subjects relevant to your chosen degree
- The minimum IELTS requirement is 6.0. A score of 5.5 in one part of the test will be considered if the other three parts are 6.5 or higher.
- If you take IELTS after 6 April 2015, you must take it at a test centre specifically authorized by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)
- Applicants must be from outside the UK/EU
- Applicants must be at least 17 years old at the start of the course
- A skype interview may be required
Each year, over 85% of our IFY students’ progress to the University of Bath with the remainder accepting a place at an alternative UK university. For those achieving direct progression they will study one of the following subjects at undergraduate:
- Accounting and Finance
- Automotive Engineering
- Business Administration
- Civil and Architectural Engineering
- Mathematical Science
- Natural Science
- Social and Policy Sciences
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biology and Biochemistry
- Childhood, Youth & Education Studies
- Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- Sport and Exercise Science
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 10, 2016