The Innovation Architect: Creating Breakthrough Companies
The Innovation Architect: Creating Breakthrough Companies will change the way you think about innovation and creativity in your organization. In this highly intensive two-day program, you will learn how to progress from having isolated initiatives to forging a powerful culture of continuous innovation.
The program helps participants tap into pockets of innovation in their companies and equips them with strategies for stimulating creativity throughout the organization. It is not an introductory course on innovation.Rather, it is designed for managers who have struggled to foster innovation and experienced first hand the hard realities of driving change.
Participants will explore the strategic innovation imperatives of their businesses. They will analyze their organization’s specific needs, while identifying how innovation can ensure ongoing success. Participants will leave the program armed with innovation strategies and a clear plan for action.
• An understanding of how to implement dynamic innovation strategies in teams, departments and companies
• A view of the newest theories and trends, such as crowdsourcing, choice architecture and open innovation
• A tailored innovation strategy for your organization that balances breakthrough and incremental initiatives
• A game plan for increasing buy-in, support and participation by driving through organizational resistance and innovation fatigue
• The ability to create a breakthrough company by aligning and integrating culture, structure and processes
Who Should Attend
The Innovation Architect: Creating Breakthrough Companies is designed for managers who aim to drive change and innovation in their organizations.
Although creativity and innovation are often solitary activities, most organizations require a broad-based coalition to cultivate authentic change. Participants are therefore encouraged to attend with other members of their organization.
The program utilizes recent case studies of actual companies that show how to spearhead innovation and build a creative culture. During the process, participants will be challenged to develop innovation strategies and a clear plan of action for their own businesses.
The program first presents a framework for self assessment that includes an innovation audit and an outline of the fundamental concepts for nurturing a creative culture. Through workshops, participants will then apply these concepts to their businesses in order to craft their own innovation strategies. To optimize the program’s benefits, participants are asked to bring a specific innovation project to the program.
• The Roles of the Innovation Architect
• Theory Update: Crowdsourcing and Open Architecture
• Developing an Innovation Strategy
• Innovation Audit: Mapping the Ecosystem
• Insights Workshop: Reframing the Problem
• Creative Cultures: Building the Innovation Ecosystem
• Better Than Buy-in: Creating Deep Ownership in Stakeholders
• Beyond Brainstorming: Structuring Sustainable Innovation
• The Tools of Innovation: From Insight to Income
• Making It Happen: Leading Innovation in Practice