The Vancouver Career College TESL Diploma Program provides students with a thorough understanding of ESL teaching methods that assists in the development of practical teaching abilities.
The Vancouver Career College TESL Diploma Program is recognized by TESL Canada and program graduates are eligible for the TESL Canada Professional Certificate Standard Two. Though not an admissions requirement, it is recommended that students have completed or are nearing completion of a bachelor’s degree. Students without a university degree are
ineligible to apply for the TESL Canada professional certification.
Candidates learn to create learner-centered lessons, manage classes and evaluate students. With a 30-hour supervised practicum component, including 10 contact teaching hours, graduates gain real classroom experience.
Graduates will have a wide variety of options upon graduation and may choose to apply for teaching jobs in Canada and internationally.
· All applicants must have completed a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent;
· All applicants must successfully pass the Vancouver Career College Admissions Test;
· Only applicants who have an Undergraduate Degree are qualified for the TESL Canada Professional Certification; Applicants that do not have an Undergraduate degree must read and sign the TESL CANADA Pre-Admission Letter prior to registration;
· International students must sign the TESL International
· Students who are non-native speakers of English must prove proficiency by submitting official documentation for either TOEFL (CBT 213/Paper 550) or TOEIC 600 or Equivalent.
Certification Received - Teaching English as a Second Language Diploma
This school offers programs in: