TOEFL® Test Prep - Online courses and tools
What is the TOEFL® test?
The TOEFL® is the Test of English as a Foreign Language for non-native speakers most requested by academic institutions all over the world. In addition, it is also required by government agencies, international institutions and exchange programs in English-speaking countries. The test is composed of 4 parts: Reading Comprehension, Listening, Speaking and Writing.
Why take the TOEFL® test?
The test is taken by non-native speakers of English of all ages from all over the world and it is used primarily for admission into universities/colleges/Business Schools where English is the medium of instruction (both undergraduate and postgraduate levels).
It can also be used for immigration, scholarships and job applications.
How do I prepare for the test?
To address the test preparation needs of TOEFL® students, we have developed the following TOEFL® learning solutions:
• The MasterPrepTOEFL® Long distance course
• The MasterPrep TOEFL® E-course
• The MasterPrep TOEFL® Simulations
• The MasterPrepTOEFL® Books
• The MasterPrep Free Resources: the TOEFL® Study Plan, the TOEFL® Diagnostic Test, Get ready for the TOEFL® test, TOEFL® Listening, Reading, Speaking and writing Tips, download an extract from the TOEFL® Book, Forum, MasterPrep Newsletter
The TOEFL® Long distance course is delivered remotely through conferencing solutions worldwide. We perform the TOEFL® diagnostic test, create the TOEFL® study plan and allocate specialized instructors to improve Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing TOEFL® skills.
TOEFL® E-course is for students who want to improve their performance on all the sections of the TOEFL® IBT exam. To begin the training, it first identifies and evaluates your strengths and weaknesses through a Pre-Test that will determine 12 areas of the TOEFL® test that you need the most help with. Once you have completed the Pre-Test, you will have the chance to review the questions and your answers and then begin your personalized lessons.
The TOEFL® E-course content:
• 4 timed practice tests, 320 questions, Reading passages, Writing, Speaking and Listening. Explanations for incorrect answers
• Training on Writing and Speaking, 60 Speaking and 20 writing questions, review exercises
• TOEFL Skills trainer, 2400 Questions, Customized practice for listening and reading activities
• Complete answers included
The TOEFL® Simulation: an easy to use and a powerful tool which carefully prepares the exam.This test is the only simulator which uses real TOEFL iBT questions.
The TOEFL® Books
TOEFL iBT - Your complete guide to effective scoring strategies
TOEFL® students ask: “How can I get a high TOEFL® iBT score?” Answer: Learn argument scoring strategies. Why? Because the TOEFL® iBT recycles opinion-based and fact-based arguments for testing purposes from start to finish. If you want a high score, you need essential argument scoring strategies. You will learn how to:
• Graphically map out TOEFL® iBT tasks and question types
• Deliver basic and advanced opinion-based and fact-based verbal responses
• Write basic and advanced opinion-based and fact-based essays
• Think like an official TOEFL® iBT speaking rater and writing rater
• Manage your time to maximize scoring
• Take fast and accurate notes
TOEFL iBT - Practice Tests
This book contains four, full-length TOEFL® iBT practice tests, with answer keys and audio scripts. Perfect for self-study and classrooms.
Each TOEFL® iBT practice test:
• Reflects the design of the official TOEFL® iBT
• Tests English-language proficiency expected of first and second year college and universitystudents in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England
• Provides extra practice before you take the official TOEFL® iBT
• Identify those areas of English you need to improve for a higher TOEFL® iBT score
• Will give you an unofficial, TOEFL® iBT range score within a 10-point range
Audio files + answer key + tape script included
Last updated September 30, 2015