St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University (SPbSPU) is one of the oldest and top-rated Russian Universities located in historic, cultural and science centre of our country. SPbSPU cooperates with other universities, international educational organizations and companies from all over the world and has a long and wide experience in providing educational programmes in different fields of science. This year SPbSPU offers International Polytechnical Summer School.
The summer course “Applied Tools of the Projects Development and Realization” will be launched in 2014 based on a wide experience the teaching staff has acquired from previous international educational programs which have been developed since 1995 and have gained popularity with the students.
The summer course “Applied Tools of the Projects Development and Realization” aims at developing professional competences in the field of business, management and applied computer technologies; the development of social and personal competencies is conducted simultaneously. It gives the possibility to acquire new knowledge and skills; to develop professional and collaborative competences; to share your experience with your collegues. The concept of this course is the practical training with active learning methods and professional project management tasks. The training and joint discussions will help to improve the standards of educational innovations. Teaching methods include interactive lectures, multipoint telepresence meetings, business cases, team role games, team projects development, which allow our participants to share their experiences, to acquire new knowledge and take part in the discussions and projects development. The teachers of the KIT department and guest lecturers contribute to developing creative thinking and non-standard approach to cutting-edge technological problems.
Summer program includes 4 courses:
- Project Management: Introduction;
- Project Planning and Realization, Introduction to Risk Management
- Qualitative Risk Analysis;
- Quantitative Risk Analysis.
Upon successful program completion students will receive SPbSPU certificate.
The programme is carried out by very experienced, highly qualified professors. Interactive training methods, field trips and group case studies and discussions are practised to encourage students’ involvement. Cultural program and leisure activities are integrated into the program. Students will have a great chance to explore St. Petersburg. University administration and Russian tutor students will make the stay of visiting students pleasant, comfortable and safe and will help them to settle in and get accustomed to the new environment.
We welcome students to come to a wonderful city of St. Petersburg. St. Petersburg is the cultural heart of Russia as well as a major trade gateway, financial and industrial centre. Studying in Saint-Petersburg is a great experience which will contribute significantly to the student’s future success.
The Cultural program includes:
- Boat city tour for the students to get acquainted with the beauty of the city.
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art.
- Visit to the Baltic Brewery where students can learn about the construction and logistic peculiarities of the plant.
- Picnic at the seashore of the Gulf of Finland where students can enjoy Russian style barbecue
- Excursion to Pushkin, former tzar summer residence, famous for its palace and park ensemble. Students will visit one of the most beautiful palaces — Palace of Russian Empress Catherine the Great. The culmination of this excursion will be visit to the Amber Room reconstructed in 2003. (Optional, for extra price)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 5, 2016