The "Mechatronic Systems Engineering and Product Innovation" Summer School is conceptualized and conducted by the Institute for Engineering Design (ikt) of the RWTH Aachen University. Participating students should be in their second semester or later in the Bachelor’s programme they are enrolled in.
Product innovation is the creation and subsequent introduction of a product that is either new, or an improved version of previous product. With each product version, innovative development, the internal structure of modern products increase in complexity. As product development evolve, research and engineering efforts for the subsequent generation of products also grows in complexity. In order to keep up with this cycle, engineering teams are forced to supplement conventional mechanical approaches to problem solving with newer electronic and software-based approaches. This complex intermeshing of disciplines requires profound technical expertise.
Mechatronics is a dynamic, multidisciplinary subject combining three engineering fields: mechanical, electrical and software engineering.
- Fundamentals of Machine Elements in Mechanical Design
- Computer-Aided Design
- Systems Layout and Components in Electrical Power Drives
- Micro-Controller Programming
- Vehicle Concepts and Passenger Safety for Individual Mobility Concepts
- Materials and Production Processes for Individual Mobility Concepts
- Computer-Aided Simulation of Technical Structures and Human Bodies
This highly integrated approach creates smart, inventive and evermore efficient solutions for a wide range of high-tech engineering problems.
The summer school programme is based on the following pillars:
- Excellent Science and Research in Robotics
- German Language and Culture
- Social Events during an extensive leisure time programme - Have fun while studying!
The fees for the two-week Mechatronic Systems Engineering and Product Innovation Summer School amount to EUR 1 800.
The course fees include all lectures, laboratory courses and excursions, social events, accommodation, breakfast, lunch, all meals during social events and a public transport ticket for the respective time.
Early Bird Discount: complete your application until 1 March to get a 10% discount on the total fees - in case of admission!
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 5, 2016