Imperial College Business School inspires brilliant minds to become future business leaders.
We offer short, intensive Summer School courses that give students the opportunity to increase their academic standing and spend the summer in central London, one of the most vibrant and culturally-enriched cities in the world.
The Business School is at the centre of Imperial College, a global top 10 university, so attending our Summer School will give you the opportunity to experience studying at a world-leading university, develop your network and will be an impressive enhancement to your CV.
Strategic Marketing: 18 July - 5 August 2016
This course will review and appraise contemporary marketing strategy, literature and practice to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of marketing and business strategy. You will be taught to think in the mindset of a professional marketer, read and evaluate specialist marketing literature and apply strategic marketing concepts to the global digital economy.
Topics covered will include:
- Key marketing concepts and definitions
- Key business strategy concepts
- Delivering competitive advantage through strategic marketing
- Marketing management in a global context
- The changing role of digital technologies in marketing
- Direct contact hours: 60 hours across the 3 weeks
- Academic level: Advanced and equivalent to a final year undergraduate course
- You can gain academic credit towards your studies at other institutions on completion of this course. Suggested credit level: 3 – 4 US / 7.5 ECTS credits. Your home institution will determine how much credit is awarded
Delivered by a mix of face-to-face lectures and classes. Lecture content and class material will be made available through an interactive online teaching and learning hub – The Summer School Hub.
A supporting class will follow each lecture and use case studies, structured discussions and in-class exercises to demonstrate the application of concepts as you learn. You will also be expected to complete significant private study, exam preparation and group assignment work outside of your scheduled classes.
- 1 group assignment – (30% of final mark)
- 1 final individual examination – (70% of final mark)
£1,755 for applications received before 1 March 2016, £1950 for applications received after 1 March 2016.
The full list of Summer School courses on offer in 2016 is:
Session 1: 27 June - 15 July 2016
- Entrepreneurial Smart Camp
- Principles of Finance
Session 2: 18 July - 5 August 2016
- Business Strategy & Consulting
- Corporate Finance
- Strategic Marketing
Imperial College Business School runs an intensive but stimulating Summer School programme that gives students the chance to increase their academic standing in one of the most vibrant and culturally-enriched cities in the world. With six courses spread over two sessions and a varied social programme, Summer School is a fantastic taster to life at Imperial and in London.
- Open to undergraduates, postgraduates and working professionals
- Gain academic credit towards your studies
- Enhance your CV
- Study at a global top ten ranked university
- Experience an enriching summer in the heart of London
- Make new friends and develop your network of contacts
- Enjoy our lively social programme
"Summer School is an exceptional opportunity to immerse yourself in a richly stimulating environment and develop the practical skills to critically assess the world’s most pressing business issues."
Louis Albertini, Summer School 2014 Student
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 3, 2016