Course: Start Up and Run Your Own Fashion Business
This intensive 5 day course will provide you with all the tools necessary to start your own fashion retail business. The course includes the study of the elements involved in the start up process including; brand positioning, shop and stock selection, finance and forecasting, market research, and display and customer service. The course will provide a clear insight into all aspects of running a bricks and mortar or online retail business and a step by step guide from initial business concept to business success.
The course will incorporate a combination of theory, discussion and practical workshops delivered by tutors, who have considerable expertise in the area of business start ups.
Course Length: 5 Days
Cost: £695 Inc VAT
This course includes the following:
Turning Your Fashion Retail Business Idea Into Reality
- How to research potential markets to ensure you have a business opportunity with potential
- Customer profiling and market positioning
- How to give your brand a name
- How to write a basic business plan and raise funding for a business
- Finance of fashion - paying the bills!
- Legal Eagles - legislation you need to know
- Engagement - professional practitioners you need to assist you
- Fashion markets and channels to find the perfect platform for your business position
- Where to locate your fashion business, online or bricks and mortar, or both
Stocking Up, Buying and Merchandising
- Researching trends and range planning
- Sourcing and managing supplier relationships
- Buying a balanced range; retail maths, managing OTB and interpreting sales data
- Seasonal buying activity and link sales buys
Setting Up Shop, Creating Your Fashion Retail Environment
- Launching a transactional website from design to customer service
- The changing business of fashion, how online retailing is changing our shopping habits
- Capturing the online market, SEO and analytics
- Choosing a retail location and designing a retail space
The Big Sell, Marketing Your Business
- How to use appropriate marketing media for your business
- How PR can help your business - writing targeted press releases
- Social media - how to spread the word, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc
- Marketing - raise the profile of your business through selective marketing activity
Sitting Pretty, Visual Merchandising and Display
- Creating effective window and in store displays using props and graphics
- Analysing different VM techniques for optimum results
- Store layouts to maximise sales and encourage add on sales
- Finding display solutions for accessories and pick up items
Completion of research tasks and independent research are included during the course. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a certificate of attendance signed by the principle of the FRA.
Please note students need to be over 18 years for our short courses.
Last updated February 1, 2016