Based at our training centre located at Brighton City Airport, our Integrated Flight Deck Programme with Degree is a full time flight-training programme, which allows students to gain their “Frozen ATPL” alongside an Honours degree in the aviation field, in partnership with Buckinghamshire New University. Students will gain “Frozen ATPL” and FdSc in Air Transport Management with Commercial Pilot Training in approximately 16 months. The added degree demonstrates commercial intelligence, which is sought after by commercial airlines and advantageous when applying for First Officer and Captain roles.
Upon successful competition of the course, students will be eligible to apply for a First Officer Role at any commercial airline. Once you have gained 1,500 hours flying experience your ATPL then becomes ‘unfrozen’, enabling you to apply for a Captain role at any commercial airline.
Students who have successfully completed the Foundation Degree can further upgrade to the one-year BSc (Hons) Air Transport Management with Commercial Pilot Training offered through distance learning.
Our Integrated Flight Deck Programme’s are our most popular courses, and are the preferred training route for most airlines.
The full time course is split into the follow 2 parts and subsequent modules, conducted simultaneously:
Part 1: FdSc Air Transport Management with Commercial Pilot Training
- Structure and development of the air transport industry
- Air transport – security and safety
- Airport operations
- Introduction to finance and economics
- Airline management
- Management, leadership and change
- Why airlines fail
Part 2: Integrated Flight Deck Programme
- Basic Theory
- Flying Phases 1 & 2
- Flying Phase 3
- ATPL Theory
- Flying Phase 4 & MCC
Candidate entry requirements:
- At least 5 X GCSEs (to include Maths and English) or equivalent
- Preferably 2 x A levels or equivalent
- Minimum age: 17 years
- An EASA class 1 medical certificate (conducted at London Gatwick – for full information and bookings please visit: www.caa.co.uk)
- While it is not a prerequisite for enrolment, we recommend that all applicants complete an assessment with an impartial body, such as the The Honourable Company of Air Pilots. For more information, please visit their website: www.airpilots.org
FTA holds a UK Border Agency Tier 4 sponsor licence (Highly Trusted Sponsor Status), which enables us to accept international students. Find out more about visas requirements for international students.
Please note: If you require a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) number in order to apply for a Tier 4 student visa, there will be an administration charge of £2,500 inc vat.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 1, 2015