Security+ Certificate in Information Technology
The purpose of the information technology certificate program is to provide a foundation in information technology. Students enrolling in the Security+ Certificate program typically already have a high school degree and want to expand their career opportunities or want to change careers altogether.
Upon successful completion of the outlined courses, students will be able to:
- Qualify for the CompTIA* certification exam
- Pursue available positions in the information technology field
- Be prepared to enroll into the associate of information technology studies or related program.
- Work with LANs, WANs, MANs, and WPANs as well as Virtual private networks and Virtual local area networks
- Develop and sharpen skills for working with cabling, ethernets, networking components and devices
- Compare and contrast secured and unsecured protocols
- Manage common security threats
- Apply protocols for remote authentication, remote access and networks
- Successfully complete the certification exam offered by CompTIA* in Security+
*CompTIA is the voice of the world's information technology (IT) industry. As a non-profit trade association advancing the global interests of IT professionals and companies, it focuses its programs on four main areas: education, certification, advocacy and philanthropy. CompTIA is the leading provider of technology-neutral and vendor-neutral IT certifications. These certifications include A+, Network+ and Security+.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 21, 2016