In response to the UK's Retail Distribution Review (RDR) legislation, and the publication of a Position Paper (RFA) by the JFSC on 3 August, Jersey International Business School is able to offer various routes to achieve RDR compliance.
- CISI Private Client Investment Advice & Management (PCIAM)
- CII Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning
- Investment Advice Diploma
- Investment Management Certificate
RFA/RDR Gap Fill
Classroom-based PCIAM Gap Fill
Further to the online option that we provide in conjunction with Fitch Learning, we are offering a one-day classroom-based tuition for PCIAM Gap Fill.
- Attendance results in CPD Gap Fill certification
- Benefit from face-to-face tuition to fill your knowledge gaps
- No need to complete online tests
- Complete this final step towards RFA compliance in one day
As part of the Review of Financial Advice (RFA), the PCIAM qualification requires that retail advisers complete “gap fill” in order to fully meet the requirements set out by the Jersey Financial Services Commission. These knowledge gaps must be filled through structured CPD (Continuing Professional Development).
In order to be compliant with the RFA by the end of this year, those requiring the PCIAM qualification must pass the exam and be able to prove they have completed the top-up Gap Fill.
The tuition will cover the following four modules:
- Financial Services, Regulation & Ethics
- Investment Principles & Risk
- Personal Taxation
Please note: Those requiring Derivatives or Packaged Products gap fill will need to complete those modules online. Please enquire for details.
In conjunction with Fitch Learning, Jersey International Business School is offering its clients online CPD gap fill modules in order to meet RFA/RDR gap fill requirements.
A number of employees from HSBC International studying the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning attended a two-day revision course with JIBS led by Chris Usher. Justin Bull, Head of Wealth, commented ‘It proved an extremely valuable exercise and a timely opportunity as, since the refresher, all HSBC staff who have taken the exam have passed. We are delighted with the result and full marks to all our employees for their efforts.’