Professional Practice Course in Contract Management
Six Months Course
Distance Learning Programme (Online with attendance)
Total Course Fee £ 1290
You can learn whilst you are working
The Professional Practice Course in Contract Management will give you competent skills to start your career as a Contract Manager/Project Manager/Contract Administrator/Claim Consultant. It is widely designed for professional who is working as a Site Manager/ Construction Manager/ Project Manager/ Civil Engineer/Quantity Surveyor. If you have completed a bachelor programme in Engineering, or Quantity Surveying, or any relevant Construction Studies, it can lead to a fantastic professional career for men and women in the construction industry.
The course content provides you with a thorough knowledge, and the essential skills and talents to work as a successful Contract Management professional who will play a key role in multi-million dollar projects to mitigate loss and maximize profit of the project.
The course provides a clear understanding of the fundamental knowledge needed in each subject to become a leader of construction. Therefore this course is the right choice if you wish to get a higher salary and demandable position.
- Skills shortages in the entire world
- Very easy to find employment
- Possible step to become a Construction Leader or Consultant
- Higher salary; because it is a value added position
- Capable to work as a Project Manager or Contract Manager or Claims Consultant
- You are needed to maximise income of your Employer
- You will gain a wide range of knowledge in Project Management to improve your chances of success
- You can learn whilst you are working
- A tailored, distance-learning course structure
- It will enable you to perform very well in multi-million dollar values construction projects
- Lectures and tutorials by first class British lecturers
- Bachelor degree in Quantity Surveying or Engineering or any Construction Studies; and
- Minimum two years work experience in construction projects; and
- English language proficiency
The course is made up of Two semesters. Each semester includes a wide range of subjects, question tutorials, exercises and various assignments to evaluate the performance of students. The subjects of each semester are:
- Contract Structure and Documentation
- Construction Financial Management and Procurement
- Construction Law
- Construction Site Operations
- Forms of Contract
- Construction Claims
- Construction Planning and Scheduling
- Preparation of Claims
- Course material will be delivered online
- Tutorials, exercises and assignments will be directly submitted to the relevant department & marked by lecturers and tutors
- Access to lecturers and tutors for assistance and guidance
- Lectures by first class British lecturers
- Online communication for any assistance
- Course Coordinators will be contactable 365 days of the year
- Course Coordinator/tutors will be available to help you with additional information about course materials, your queries related to submissions and technical difficulties.
- You can interact with your fellow course students to discuss the course in accordance with the policy of the college.
The tutorials, exercises and assignments are directly related to your course contents and learning outcomes. The submission of assignment, exercises and tutorials will help you to learn and pass the subjects with a grade.
Period of Study
The course follows a six months programme. The following course schedule includes 225 hours of learning.
- Semester 1 – 10 weeks
- Semester 2 – 10 weeks
There will be submission of assessments and revisions or re-submissions of any unsatisfactory work allowed within the deadline set, which should be allocated for additional period at the end of the semesters.
The College provides 200 hours of online lectures and 25 hours of tutorial lessons in each semester will be held. In addition, each student is required to carry out independent study on the subject in each semester.
Total course fee £ 1290
Supplemental fees for English Language Course will apply if you have chosen the Intensive English Program.
The start date of your course is dependent on the enrollment date of your course. The enrollment date is effective from the date of your full payment, or partial payment if agreed by the Course Director.