BY THE END OF THIS 3-MONTH INTERACTIVE LIVE ONLINE COURSE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Plant layout fundamentals and work flow procedures
- Terminology and symbols used in plant layout
- Plot plans, elevations and 3-D models
- Fundamental principles of chemical process technology
- Process flow diagrams (PFDs)
- Equipment used in process plants
- Instrument symbols and abbreviations
- Piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Piping design and engineering principles
- Terminology, symbols and abbreviations used in piping design
- Piping materials
- Piping specifications and piping codes
- Components of piping systems - fittings, flanges and valves
- Piping isometrics and bill of material
Process plants, such as refineries and petrochemical plants, are complex facilities consisting of equipment, piping systems, instruments, electrical systems, electronics, computers, and control systems. The design, engineering and construction of process plants involves a multidisciplinary team effort. Plant layout and design of piping systems constitutes a major part of the design and engineering effort. The goal is to design safe and dependable processing facilities in a cost effective manner. The fact is that there are very few formal training programs that focus on design and engineering of process plants and piping systems. Therefore, most of the required skills are acquired while on the job, reducing productivity and efficiency.
The objective of this course is to provide the delegates the basic knowledge and skills in this discipline to facilitate faster learning curves while on the job. This course will cover the fundamental principles and concepts used in process plant layout and piping design. Upon completion of this course the delegates will have a clear understanding of the design and engineering principles used in plant layout and piping design.
What are the fees for my country?
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) provides distance education to students located all around the world – it is one of the very few truly global training institutes. Course fees are paid in a currency that is determined by the student’s location. We aim to give you a rapid response regarding course fees that are relevant to your individual circumstances.
We understand that cost is a major consideration before a student begins to study. For a rapid reply to your query regarding courses fees and payment options, please contact a Course Advisor in your region via the below button and we will respond within two (2) business days
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 11, 2016