BY THE END OF THIS 3-MONTH INTERACTIVE LIVE ONLINE COURSE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Instrumentation terms, concepts, diagrams and symbols
- How to implement an instrument and wiring number system
- An overview of the use of PLCs in industrial applications
- Pressure sources and the basic terms of pressure measurement
- Level measurement and the basics associated with it
- Temperature measurement and the various associated transducers
- Flow measurement techniques
- Control valve principles and common valve types
- New technologies such as smart instrumentation and fieldbus
- How to integrate a complete system (considering instrumentation and total errors) as well as selection criteria, commissioning and testing
- An overview of HMI, SCADA and DCS systems
- Different tuning rules
- latest ISO requirements for a company
- HAZOP studies
- About reliability centred maintenance and spare parts analysis
- To appreciate factory and site acceptance testing
- Considerations for building in-house panels and installations
This course is for engineers and technicians who need to have a practical knowledge of selection, installation and commissioning of industrial instrumentation and control valves. In many respects a clear understanding and application of these principles is the most important factor in an efficient process control system.
This course is for those individuals primarily involved in achieving effective results for the industrial processes they are responsible for. This would involve the design, specification and implementation of control and measurement equipment. The course focuses on real applications, with attention to special installation considerations and application limitations when selecting or installing different measurement or control equipment.
What are the fees for my country?
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) provides distance education to students located all around the world – it is one of the very few truly global training institutes. Course fees are paid in a currency that is determined by the student’s location. We aim to give you a rapid response regarding course fees that are relevant to your individual circumstances.
We understand that cost is a major consideration before a student begins to study. For a rapid reply to your query regarding courses fees and payment options, please contact a Course Advisor in your region via the below button and we will respond within two (2) business days.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 11, 2016