BY THE END OF THIS 3-MONTH INTERACTIVE LIVE ONLINE COURSE YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Design an Ethernet network with switches and routers
- Select appropriate Industrial Ethernet components
- Troubleshoot Ethernet and TCP/IP by means of a protocol analyzer
- Deploy Ethernet in Intrinsically Safe environments
- Configure and troubleshoot IPv4 and IPv6
- Set up a DHCP or BootP server
- Design IP subnets
- Troubleshoot TCP connection issues
- Set up a managed Ethernet switch
- Set up an IEEE802.1 p/Q VLAN
- Set up an industrial router
- Add an Access Control List to a router
- Extend an Ethernet network with wireless technologies
- Select appropriate Ethernet-based field buses for real-time applications
This course is for engineers and technicians who need a practical and extensive knowledge of the design and troubleshooting of Industrial Ethernet networks, as well as the selection, installation, and configuration of components such as routers and switches.
It deals in depth with the underlying TCP/IP protocols, and specifically addresses both design and configuration issues related to IPv4 and the more recent IPv6. This course extends your skills and know-how well beyond that covered in our fundamental courses in Ethernet and TCP/IP.
It also covers the more advanced aspects and applications of Ethernet such as advanced switching and routing, CCTV over IP, Modbus, Industrial Security, Intrinsically Safe applications, switched rings (including the latest IEC 62439-3 redundant ring standard), and highly-deterministic Ethernet-based field buses (e.g. for servo control) capable of 1 millisecond repetition rates and jitter of less than 1 microsecond. A strong practical hands-on focus with real equipment as detailed in the list of practical sessions ensures you apply and test out your knowledge and skills.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 11, 2016