In just four months of study, you’ll be ready to enter a master’s program in design. Begin your future today!
You are looking ahead with excitement to a rewarding and creative career in design. Your next big step is earning your master’s degree at the renowned design school Domus Academy.
Before you apply, you can take this opportunity to strengthen your background in design. You can expand your knowledge of the design world, hone your technical skills, and build an outstanding portfolio of projects.
The Domus Academy Pre-Master’s Program is a four-month intensive postgraduate course that will prepare you to enter a Master’s program at Domus Academy.
You can choose between 12 master’s programs at Domus Academy in the broad areas of arts, design, fashion, and branding/ communication.
Or you can apply to design programs at other schools in Italy or abroad.
Created for graduates who have at least three years of university-level study, the Pre-Master’s Program will give you the foundational understanding of design that is required for entry into the Domus Academy master’s-level programs. It will also give you the valuable opportunity to construct a professional portfolio under the guidance of mentors who are experts in the field.
What you will learn
– Your knowledge of broad design domains and your practical skills within each of these domains. – A clear understanding of the range of themes and processes relevant to a specialized area of study. – A professional portfolio in your area of interest, following the guidelines for entrance to the Domus Academy master’s-level programs. – The technical skills and organizational abilities you need for master’s-level learning, acquired through labs and project activities. – A variety of techniques and tools to better communicate and present your design ideas.
How you will learn
- Our faculty members teach according to Domus Academy’s renowned “learning by designing” approach.
- Thematic lectures are supported by laboratory sessions, project activities, and visits to design studios.
- You will have the flexibility to focus on your own areas of interest while meeting overall course objectives.
Intensive English Language Course
While attending the Pre-Master’s Program, you can improve your English. You must score 4.0 or higher on the IELTS exam to begin the Intensive English course, which is 3 modules of 3 weeks each for 3, 6, or 9 weeks. Each module is 30 hrs in classroom and 60 hrs online for 3, 6, or 9 weeks. Each 3-week segment can improve your English by 0.5 IELTS points. You must score 5.0 for entry into Domus Academy.
Admission & Requirements
Applicants wishing to enroll in the Pre-Master’s Program shall meet the entry requirements outlined below:
– At least 15 years of previous education – Holding a first level academic degree (bachelor degree or academic diploma). – Certificate of English language: minimum entry level requirement IELTS 4.0
The Pre-Master’s Program has limited number of places. The places will be assigned on a first come-first accepted basis.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 1, 2016