Postgraduate Diplomas in Event, Sport and Entertainment Management
For students who want to change direction, the postgraduate programs offer the opportunity to gain the fundamental skills for administration and management positions within the event, sport and entertainment industry.
- Taught semesters: 2
- Internships: 1
- Intakes: January and July
- Age: Normally aged 24 or above
- Qualification: Degree or equivalent or three years of work experience
- English level: TOEFL 500 or equivalent
- Total Credits: 36 for Diploma
- Accreditation: New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- Recognition: Swiss Cantonal Authorities (Fribourg)
The Postgraduate Diplomas in Event, Sport and Entertainment Administration or in Sport Administration program is specifically designed to meet the needs of the graduate and/or mature student looking to change career and enter the event, sport and entertainment industries. Students are able to design their own learning program which recognizes their previous experience and career goals.
-- POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN EVENT, SPORT & ENTERTAINMENT ADMINISTRATION OR IN SPORT ADMINISTRATION - 2 taught semesters (12 courses) plus 1 internship in the industry
-- POSTGRADUATE HIGHER DIPLOMA IN EVENT, SPORT & ENTERTAINMENT MANAGEMENT OR IN SPORT MANAGEMENT - 3 taught semesters (18 courses) plus 1 internship in the industry
Semesters 1 & 2
- Professional Development
• ESE Craft-based learning 2 (CBL 2)*
• Managing Performance and Participation**
• Operational Event Planning*
• Managing Events
• Safe Working Practices**
• Business Planning
• Services Marketing
• Customer Services
• Principles of Strategic Management
• People Management
• Cost, Price and Revenue Management
• Basic Finance
• Management Finance
• Foreign Language
• Basic IT
Internship: all students will complete a 3-6 months internship after final semester on campus.
Note: for semester 3 of the Postgraduate Higher Diploma, students are required to choose a total of 6 courses from semesters 4, 6 and 7 of the hospitality
*These course titles are guidelines and subject to change at any time.
-- Normally 24 years old and above.
-- A completed application form with all pertinent attachments and an application fee of CHF. 100.-
-- An essay explaining the student’s motivation (minimum of 250 words and maximum of 1,000 words).
-- Must have a Degree or equivalent or three years of work experience (not necessarily hospitality or sports based). Non degree holders will receive a Diploma in Professional Development.
-- If English is not your mother tongue, or if you have not spent at least 3 years in an English speaking school, please enclose a copy of one of the following:
- TOEFL: minimum score 500 or 173 for the computer scoring system or 61 for the internet based test. The TOEFL testing code number for Glion Institute of Higher Education is 7337.
- Cambridge First Certificate: Grade C.
- I.E.L.T.S. minimum overall band of 5.0. in all components
- All English certificates must have been issued in the last 12 months prior to admission.
-- A valid medical certificate.
This school offers programs in: