Previously known as Executive Diploma of Information Technology Management
If you do not have the time or inclination to enroll directly onto the Masters in Information Technology Management, you may consider the Postgraduate Diploma which is shorter and requires the completion of eight subjects. The Postgraduate Diploma offers you the same broad choice of modern, up-to-date subjects as the MMIT, and full credit for the Postgraduate Diploma can be counted towards the MMIT programme should you enroll in the MMIT programme at a later date.
You must complete eight subjects to earn the Postgraduate Diploma, any of which can be selected from following MMIT subjects (note prerequisites apply to some of the subjects):
* Organisational Behaviour (601)
* eBusiness (650)
* Enterprise Knowledge Management (751)
* Management of Services (760)
* Information Technology Systems for Business (770)
* Information Systems Strategy (771)
* Digital Communications, Networks and Technology (2620)
* Database Management Systems and Applications (2640)
* Supply Chain Management (2700)
* Information Systems Project Management (2800)
* IT Outsourcing and Vendor Management+ (2810)
* Software Engineering Management* (2900)
* Object-Oriented Analysis and Design+ (2910)
* Information Systems Security+ (3000)
* Business Process Management and Outsourcing* (3200)
*currently under development
+ jointly developed with the National University of Singapore
All applicants will be considered on their individual merit. You may be admitted to the programme by meeting the following criteria:
-- A Bachelor's degree from a recognised university and two or more years relevant IT work experience OR
--A Bachelor's degree with first class honours from a recognised university in a technical field of study, such as computer science, IT, engineering, mathematics or physics. OR
-- A minimum of eight years relevant IT work experience
-- Evidence of English proficiency for applicants whose first language is not English and who have not undertaken tertiary education in English. The minimum English language requirements are either:
- Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing Service) score of 6.5 with an individual writing score of at least 6.0; or
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of at least 550 with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of at least 5.0, or TOEFL Internet-based Test with a minimum score of at least 79; or
- BULATS (Business Language Testing Service) at level 4
--A statement of motivation for success through a 500-word essay
--Two references (at least one referee should be familiar with the applicant's employment record)
--An updated resume/CV
--Students may submit a GMAT score to support their application.
U21Global may allow the transfer of up to two relevant postgraduate subjects, completed at accredited institutions within the last five years, to the Postgraduate Diploma programme (or up to four relevant postgraduate subjects from a U21Global affiliated university).
Students may be required to demonstrate that they have mastered the content of the subject(s) in question by completing an examination, submitting written evidence of mastery (eg. a professional accomplishment or certification), or similar means. The outcome of the application for credit transfer will be known only after full and proper evaluation has been conducted. Transfer credits will be counted towards a U21Global Postgraduate Diploma, but will not be included in the students' grade point average (GPA).
- Certified true copy of passport/identification document with photograph shown
- Two passport-size colour photographs with applicant's name written on the reverse side
- Certified true copy of degree scroll from each College/University attended. Documents not in English must be accompanied by certified translation
- Original transcripts/Certified true copies of all post-secondary qualifications. Documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation
- Current resume/CV
- Original/Certified true copy of GMAT score report, if applicable
- Original/Certified true copy of TOEFL/IELTS score report, if applicable
- Certified true copy of Professional Membership Certificate(s), if any
The duration of the programme depends on how many subjects you take at any one time and whether you choose to take extended pauses. The Postgraduate Diploma programme may be completed in 12 months. Students are expected to complete the programme within two-and-a-half years.
Each subject is 12 weeks in duration, and you are expected to spend approximately ten hours of study per week, per subject. Students are normally allowed to take up to three subjects at any one time.
Note: If a student from the Postgraduate Certificate programme progresses to the Postgraduate Diploma programme, he/she will have 18 months to complete the postgraduate diploma from the time of registration for the Postgraduate Diploma programme.
Applications are welcome throughout the year. All applicants will be considered on individual merit. Applicants must complete the U21Global application form available. Admission decisions are made one to two weeks after completed applications are received.
A one-time non-refundable application fee of US$50 applies upon application submission.
A one-time non-refundable registration fee of US$100 applies upon acceptance of the offer from U21Global.