Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality Management
The University of Macau, being the leader of the higher education institution in Macau, offers the postgraduate diploma in hospitality management to cater the vibrant need of the hospitality industry, a big economic pillar of Macao.
As an international tourist destination, hospitality industry has always been a major industry in Macao. According to the Department of Statistics and Census Service, 22% of physical labor works in hospitality industry in 2003. The number has increased drastically to 37% in 2008. However, there is still a shortage of personnel with high caliber to fill up the demand in this competitive and vibrant industry. With explosive information and competition, it is a must for industry employees to keep track on up-to-date development before making business decisions.
One of our distinct features is..... Students might have an opportunity to join an optional field trip overseas, for example, to Las Vegas in the United States for a week to learn from the successful hospitality companies.
You will find this diploma program beneficial if you are:
· Passionate about hospitality industry
· Middle management with/without hospitality bachelor degree
· Ready to be promoted to managerial level.
Why should YOU study Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality Management?
· You will be able to grasp managerial skills that key managers should master in this industry.
· You will be able to obtain timely information about the hospitality industry both locally and globally.
· You will be able to apply the theory and skill acquired from the coursework and business projects to your job.
· You will have a life-long remarkable experience by joining our optional field trip, such as to Las Vegas in the United States, to learn from successful hospitality companies in a distinguished mode.
· You will have the opportunity to learn from well established faculty in the hospitality field from all over the world.
--Admission is open to applicants who have at least a 4-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related fields from an accredited institution.
-- Applicants should have achieved the equivalent* of an overall result of Grade C+ or better in the Bachelor’s degree studies.
-- Applicants must fulfill the Language Proficiency requirement of the specific program.
-- An interview may be required for application. The Academic Unit concerned will inform candidate for further details of the interview.
*The equivalent means 2.3 on the 4.0 GPA scale, 14 on the 20-point scale or 70 out of 100