Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality Administration
Program: Two academic semesters of hospitality management courses
Internship: One, 6-month professional internship (minimum 4-6 months each)
Unique qualities: Includes two real event management projects and supervisory practice in student-staffed restaurants.
The postgraduate degree programs are designed for career changers - students who have a degree and/or professional experience in another field, but who need to develop skills to manage hotel, restaurant and event operations.
The postgraduate degrees offer an accelerated curriculum of hotel management courses and business administration courses for hospitality organizations.
An event management project allows the students to create a special event on campus, while the 6-month professional internship allows them to gain expertise from real-life experience.
The postgraduate degrees are also available as Professional Development Diplomas for students who have work experience but no previous bachelor degree.
The following outline is an overview of the courses offered in the Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality Administration program. For precise details and course descriptions, refer to the Academic Catalog.
SEMESTER 1 - OPERATIONAL HOTEL MANAGEMENT COURSES, FINANCE & MARKETING
In the first semester, you will take a variety of operational hotel management courses with experience-based learning periods where you will observe and practice supervising restaurant and rooms division operations.
- Hospitality Finance
- Services Marketing
- Rooms Division Operations
- Food and Beverage Operations Management
- Food Production and Service Operations
Based on an English placement test, either:
- Business and Academic English
Or one of the following:
- French 1, German 1, Spanish 1, French 2 or Mandarin 1
SEMESTER 2 – HOTEL MANAGEMENT COURSES, EVENTS, REVENUE & HR
In the second semester, you move on to the administrative hotel management courses with an event management project and the higher-level hospitality management courses.
- Rooms Division Management
- Hospitality Human Resources
- Yield and Revenue Management
- Events Management
- Food Production Management
Plus one of the following:
- Entrepreneurship or Sustainable Facilities Management
INTERNSHIP – POSTGRADUATE DEGREE INTERNSHIP
The postgraduate internship of 4-6 months will allow students to use their new knowledge and skills in an administrative, supervisory, or training position with exposure to operational departments.
This first real-life professional experience can take place in a Swiss or international hotel or other hospitality establishment, and will give students real-life work experience and industry contacts in your new profession.
Age - Normally 21 years old and above.
Education or Experience - Applicants must hold a Bachelor Degree from an accredited Institution of higher learning in any non-hospitality field OR have three years of documented work experience at an appropriate (managerial) level. Non-degree holders will receive the Professional Development Certificate or Diploma.
English Qualifications -If you are not a native English speaker, or if you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school, please enclose one of the following:
- TOEFL: minimum score of 500 points for the paper based test or 61 on the Internet Based Test (IBT). The TOEFL testing code number for Les Roches is 9827.
- Cambridge First Certificate Exam (FCE): Grade C - Please also send the statement of results with your detailed profile.
- IELTS: Academic Module minimum Overall Band Score of 5.0 and min. 5.0 in each part (listening, reading, writing, speaking)
- All English certificates must have been issued in the last 12 months prior to admission
- Interview - The school may require a phone or personal interview before admission into the program.
This school offers programs in: