Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship
The Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship is a unique qualification from the University of Cambridge which transforms the entrepreneurial aspirations of ambitious individuals into real action and new enterprises.
It is a part time programme over 12 months offered by Cambridge Judge Business School which is taught largely online via a Virtual Learning Environment and which enables entrepreneurial individuals to benefit from the world-renowned teaching and research offered by the University of Cambridge. It harnesses all the resources, knowledge and networks built up by the School’s Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning (CfEL) over ten years of producing increasingly successful programmes in entrepreneurship and helping aspiring entrepreneurs develop their skills, ideas and innovations. Throughout the programme students benefit from the small group teaching that is the hallmark of the University of Cambridge: practical and challenging learning with experienced faculty and entrepreneurs that underpins the teaching philosophy. At the same time, participants are actively supported in the pursuit of a business venture whether this is a technology, creative or social enterprise and wherever they are in the world.
Who is it for?
The Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship has been designed for individuals who are considering embarking on or developing an entrepreneurial career. Students from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and to bring their own business ideas with them to the programme, along with a clear ambition and desire to take them forward. We believe that, by working on their own ideas, students will have the most effective learning experience with a clear and meaningful focus for project work and assessments.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship is for:
- Individuals who are intending upon a career starting and/ or developing their own business enterprises
- University graduates from any academic discipline who are looking for a more specialised learning experience
- Entrepreneurs who want to underpin their experiences with learning to develop new businesses or strategies re-energise themselves and boost their networks
- Employees of established organisations within both the private and public sectors looking to be more innovative or to develop new opportunities
- Mid to senior level managers in a wide range of sectors and executives and professionals wishing to develop a deep understanding of entrepreneurship skills
- Individuals from within universities and other higher education institutions wanting to deepen their knowledge of teaching entrepreneurship and commercialising new research.
N.B. Candidates may apply for admission as individuals or they may be sponsored by their employer or other organisation
The programme provides an entrepreneurial toolkit that builds business knowledge and a practical set of skills to increase their confidence and potential for success. Throughout the programme, participants are energised by interaction with peers from around the globe, supported by business mentors and inspired by faculty and the Cambridge Entrepreneurial Ecosystem.
The programme runs as a series of four distinct and assessed courses:
- Entrepreneurial Awareness and Skills
- Opportunity Recognition and Idea Evaluation
- Preparing and Implementing the Business Case
- Managing the Early Stage Venture
All four courses and the associated assignments must be successfully completed to the standards required by the University in order to gain the Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship. A Postgraduate Diploma attracts 120 credits at FHEQ Level 7 or 60 ECTS credits.
We offer a number of opportunities throughout the admissions year for you to learn more about the Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship programme.
How to apply
Applications for entry to the programme starting in September 2014 are now open. The final deadline for entries is 30th April 2014.
Successful applicants will;
- Be a graduate of a recognised university and have successfully completed an undergraduate degree at a minimum of 2:1 standing or above
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language; students whose first language is not English must be able to satisfy the English Language Proficiency requirements, i.e. IELTS - 7.5 no band below 7.0, or TOEFL - 110 with a minimum of 25 in each section
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial thinking and ambition through the submission of a framework for an entrepreneurial project which will be considered as part of the application process.