Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education
The Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education Teaching and Learning (PGCHeTL) focuses on the teaching role of the academic in higher education, with reference to the diverse ways in which students learn. The PGCHeTL provides a practical and theoretical grounding in learning and teaching in higher education and emphasises the links between conceptual frameworks and professional practice. The PGCHeTL aims to encourage candidates to develop a scholarly, reflective enquiry base to inform their teaching and its development.
What will you gain from PGCHeTL?
By the end of the PGCHeTL, graduates will be able to:
- Understand and apply the theories in relation to curriculum, teaching and learning and assessment to a tertiary learning environment.
- Justify the critical roles played by a subject's curriculum, teaching and learning, and assessment principles and practice in promoting, enhancing, sustaining and improving the learning and teaching of a subject according to the domains of learning.
- Apply the skills of problem solving and critical thinking in relation to the teaching and learning context.
- Express ideas clearly and relate to others in accordance to social context.
- Adapt and meet the demands posed by changing global environment in transforming teaching and learning.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 18, 2016