The Post-Basic E.C.E. Diploma Program is an extension of the Vancouver Career College Basic Early Childhood Education Certificate program, providing opportunities for career and educational advancement for E.C.E. graduates.
These courses are for the student who is certified as an Early Childhood Educator or is in the process of completing the required 500 hours work experience. The advanced courses lead to a License to Practise as a Special Needs Educator or a License to Practise as an Infant/ Toddler Educator.
Total specialization requires nine courses and two practica. Individual areas of specialization require seven courses and one practicum. Students can specialize in both or in one of two areas: Infant/Toddler Specialization (working with children under three years old), and Special Needs Specialization (working with children requiring extra support).
Courses are offered on a part-time basis two evenings or four evenings per week in order to be easily accessible to employed Early Childhood Educators.
· Day-Care Supervisor
· Day-Care Worker
· Early Childhood Supervisor
· Early Childhood Program Staff
· Child-Care Worker, Day Care
· Pre-School Supervisor
· Applicants must have completed a Basic ECE Program from an accredited college to be accepted into the program;
· Applicants must successfully pass the Vancouver Career College Admissions Test;
· Applicants must complete a short essay on their motivation to study in the Post Basic ECE program;
· Applicants must submit three (3) personal letters of reference with their application;
· Applicants must provide evidence of completion of 500 hours work experience or a letter stating they are in the process of the completion of those hours;
· Applicants must submit to a Schedule F Criminal Record check prior to their acceptance into the program, the cost of which will be borne by the Applicant;
· Applicants must submit a physician’s note of good health (including TB clearance) prior to their acceptance into the program, the cost of which will be borne by the Applicant. A note of good health on a physician’s prescription pad is sufficient;
· Applicants must be interviewed by the ECE Coordinator prior to their acceptance into them program. At the discretion of the ECE Coordinator, a telephone interview may be sufficient.
Certification Received - Business Administration/E-Commerce
Last updated October 29, 2015