This course is offered to help young design and media creatives improve the quality and content of their fashion, styling or photography portfolios. This is particularly useful for future presentations to employers and agencies or for applications to Higher-level courses such as the Condé Nast Center Programs or for a postgraduate or Master’s course selection at an overseas University. Our tutors will diagnose areas of difficulty and help you to develop, organise and edit your work, improve on your presentation and illustrations and create a strong personal identity that best represents your skills. The opportunity to style and shoot your designs and accessories on beautiful Elite models, using our state-of-the-art photography studio and professional advice is an added bonus.
This course provides you with a supportive, troubleshooting environment to define your unique talents and showcase through your portfolio, in your search for work, or application to a college. Through improving on presentation techniques, graphics and styling you can create a more competitive, engaging and professional portfolio or look-book. A flexible series of content projects can help to secure you an interview, internship or consideration for freelance work. This course can deepen your knowledge of the career path choices open to you. Our careers advisors will help you identify the directions and attributes to emphasise in your CV and written application forms. You will learn how to answer some tough interview questions and make a good first impression.
- Mode: Part-time
- Length: 20 hours, 5hrs for 4 consecutive Saturdays
- Date: start 20th February, end 12th March 2016 or start July 2nd, end July 23rd 2016
- Department: Fashion Design
- Certification: Certificate of attendance: Condé Nast Center of Fashion & Design
- Scholarships: Not available
- Language: English and Chinese
- Tuition Fee: RMB15,000
- Application Fee: RMB 200
This course is not suitable for beginners. It is suitable for fashion design, styling and photography students towards the end of second or third level stages wishing to improve their degree grades, or graduates, wanting to make fast and effective improvements or updates to their portfolios. For graduates who already have clothes that they have made and wish to show on models, our state-of-the-art facilities will enable you to demonstrate your styling and photographic skills without the high costs otherwise associated with studio, equipment and model hire.
You are a young graduate fashion designer, budding stylist, fashion photographer or student nearing the end of your course, wishing to improve on your portfolio or create a look-book to promote yourself or make an application to a higher level course.
How we teach
The portfolio course is taught both in groups and with you, the individual in mind. The group dynamic helps you to gain many perspectives and the individual advice is specific to your own ambitions and needs. There is an early diagnostic session, followed by demonstrations of layout techniques. You have use of design studio facilities, printing, scanning and the opportunity to sketch from live models to add to your book. Through step-by-step planning for the photo-shoot with appropriate model, location, make-up and props you will generate top quality images. With post-production facilities and advice you should leave the course with a portfolio or look-book that you are proud of.
You will learn
- To identify, build on your unique strengths and minimise weaknesses
- Basic graphic management of planning layout, flow and tactical effect
- To adjust, edit and enhance your portfolio with professional technique
- Photo-studio experience with top models and specialist support
- To hone your critical awareness, accept and give feedback where appropriate
- How to write a CV, application form and compile a digital version of your work
- Confident self-presentation and interpersonal skills for interviews
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 20, 2015