The Foundation Degree Interior Design provides the academic, practical and professional skills required for a career in the interior design profession. It is suitable for those wishing to undertake their first degree.
Supported by a cutting edge IT platform and up to date teaching and learning methods, this exciting and innovative and carefully timetabled course provides students with all the support and structure of traditional onsite delivery. Each cohort will be broken down into small teams and great emphasis will be placed on developing the individual potential of every student.
In addition to gaining technical knowledge and skills and developing an understanding of interior design methods and processes, the aim will also be to encourage students to adopt an analytical approach and to develop their critical skills. The way in which design histories and theories together with cultural, environmental and social context can influence and be applied to a given situation will also be explored.
Design projects are based on a variety of realistic residential and commercial spaces such as restaurants, bars, hotels, spas, retail and listed buildings. The resultant presentational material will form a comprehensive design portfolio including examples of all the skills which students have acquired during the course. To support their project work students will explore strategies for successful communication with clients through visual, written and spoken means.
Possible progression route
Successful graduates of the Online Foundation Interior Design can continue on to the BA (Hons) Interior Design, subject to a successful application.
- Online application, including a creative
- exercise and spatial awareness test
- 5 GCSE’s at C or above
- An Art FdA or appropriate A Levels
- PC laptop with Adobe Creative Suite
- Commitment and enthusiasm for the subject
- Residential & commercial design training
- Online lectures, seminars & discussions
- Comprehensive CAD training
- Access to the KLC Careers Service
- Alumni association membership
- Foundation Degree (FdA) Interior Design validated by University of Brighton
- Level 4, 120 credits
- Level 5, 120 credits
Start Date: 18 January 2016 - 7 April 2019
- Stage I – Level 4, 5 terms
- Stage II – Level 5, 5 terms
Study Method: Structured online study, as a part of a class
- £500 deposit, followed by £4000 balance OR
- £500 deposit, followed by 18 direct debit instalments of £235
- Student finance available
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 15, 2016