New Generation Academy is a comprehensive preparatory program at American University of Central Asia in Bishkek. It offers an intensive course of study in preparing its students for university education and after completing a program, our students are:
- Ready to meet general university entrance requirements
- Competitive in applying for scholarships and financial aid
- Prepared to make sound decisions about their course of study and career choices
- Successful in a university setting by excelling both academically and socially
- English for Academic Purposes: Reading and Writing
- English for Academic Purposes: Listening and Speaking
- Test Preparation (TOEFL)
- College Math
- Kyrgyz Language
- Russian as a Foreign Language
- English Conversation Club
- Academic Writing
- Debate, Book, and Movie clubs
- Guest Lectures
- NGA Peer Mentoring Program
- Trainings: Time and Stress Management, Basic Computer Skills, Business Correspondence
The New Generation Academy (NGA) is a comprehensive academic preparatory program at the American University of Central Asia (AUCA) in Bishkek. NGA offers an intensive one-year program that aims at preparing its graduates for higher education. The program seeks to fill the gaps in the public school system to help high school graduates enter a university of their choice. Participants complete a rigorous program in the English language and College Mathematics, as well as in Kyrgyz and Russian languages, that are oriented towards developing critical and analytical thinking and academic writing skills. Furthermore, NGA is dedicated to preparing ingenious and charismatic future leaders of Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Afghanistan and other countries; and strives to build a closely-knit multiethnic community, where mutual respect, openness, and acceptance are the guiding principles. The academic year at NGA is divided into two semesters; the latter semester building on the outcomes of the previous one. NGA students receive over 600 hours of well-structured instruction per year including compulsory clubs, language labs and practice tests. Additionally, NGA students are offered a range of workshops, clubs, and field trips as co-curricular activities.
NGA faculty and staff strive to place our students at the very heart of AUCA community and do our utmost to give them the opportunity to tailor their education up to their interests and willingness to apply to universities of their choices. Most significantly, we promote teamwork, individual values, cultural-understanding and cooperation that are the essential skills for students to build their lives on.
NGA Faculty is comprised of well-trained and highly-motivated associate professors, assistant professors, instructors and tutors both from Kyrgyzstan and from abroad. NGA faculty actively contributes to the stimulating atmosphere by involving each student in lively debates, structured written and oral discourse, and daily conversations in and outside the classroom in preparing the students for higher education institutions of their own choice. NGA faculty and staff are passionate about every new generation of young people
The Mission of the NGA is to assist students in acquiring necessary academic skills, confidence, and motivation to engage in and benefit from university-level studies.
The primary goals in order to fulfill the mission of the New Generation Academy are the following:
- Establish and maintain the application process to select eligible students who would benefit from NGA program and can be expected to successfully complete the course of study.
- Provide NGA students with the information and skills necessary to make informed, sound decisions about their future education and career choices.
- Prepare NGA students to meet the general university entrance requirements and to be competitive in applying for scholarships and financial aid.
- Prepare students to succeed in a university setting by excelling both academically and socially.
- Provide a mutually supportive and positive learning environment in which every member has the opportunity to develop communication and leadership skills, which in turn foster self-confidence and personal growth.
Moreover, NGA provides scholarships to its 70 students from various regions of Kyrgyzstan. This NGA Scholarship is sponsored by Mina Group to help the deserving secondary school graduates in Kyrgyzstan gain access to eminent higher education on the basis of both academic merit and financial need. Each year NGA will award full scholarships, including to a total of 70 applicants drawn from all seven regions of the Kyrgyz Republic, as well as from Bishkek, to study at NGA.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 7, 2016