Program Description - Managing Across Generations: Boomers to Millennials
One of the more perplexing and often frustrating challenges facing managers today is understanding the expectations of the newest generation to enter the workforce: The Millennials.
Each generation of workers brings differing expectations to the workplace and Millennials are no exception. Many managers are left scratching their head asking “What do these people want?” and “Why do they act this way?” Without losing sight of individual differences, there are characteristics common to each generation that managers and employees can come to understand, and leverage for mutual advantage. The challenge for employers is to understand the expectations of each generation as a group, and to align them with the organization’s culture and work practices without alienating the other generations currently in the workforce. This program will identify generational expectations for Millennials, Generation X’ers and Baby Boomers, and the impact they have on the psychological contract between employee and employer.
This program will examine the similarities and differences between generations, and provide you with strategies for aligning generational expectations with your organization’s culture, policies and practices.
- Develop new insights into generational expectations
- Learn how to forge psychological contracts that facilitate employee performance and satisfaction
- Manage differences and conflicts that may arise between generations
- Understand how to integrate generations
- Design strategies for attracting and retaining each generation
- Improve how you mentor and train each generation
Continuing Education Units
Participants earn 1.4 continuing education units (CEUs) and a Texas Executive Education program certificate.