Postgraduate Diploma in International Business Law provides a coherent programme of study that enables law graduates, lawyers and those with a relevant first degree to develop a detailed knowledge and understanding of international business law at postgraduate level.
Postgraduate Diploma in International Business Law is available to students from both a legal and non-legal background. The aim of this programme is to develop legal skills, analysis, logical thinking and knowledge that can usefully be applied in further study, legal profession and public service. It provides students with understanding of law in context of business to equip them with abilities needed to work with advance issues.
By the end of the qualification, learners will be able to:
- Understand wide ranges of subjects in the international business law.
- Develop an understanding for legal framework that governs the international business transactions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the commercial trust law, company law, international trade law, intellectual property law, and law of financial crimes in the international business.
- Develop research skills and ability to write on key areas in international business law.
- Critically analyse legal texts.
Learners need to complete the following units to obtain 120 credit points:
- Unit 1: Commercial Trust Law
- Unit 2: International Trade Law
- Unit 3: Industrial and Intellectual Property Law
- Unit 4: Law of Financial Crimes
- Unit 5: Company Law
- Unit 6: Legal Research and Research Methods
Modules are typically assessed by individual assessment.
Assessment involves investigative assignments, presentations and action research activities. The main objective of the assessment of the Postgraduate Diploma in International Business Law will be to meet the assessment criteria detailed within each unit.
Learners must fulfil the following criteria to gain admission to EBMA programme: An undergraduate law degree or an equivalent qualification is usually necessary for meeting the entry requirements.
Graduates from related disciplines may also apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in International Business Law if they provide evidence that they have relevant skills to study it.
This qualification is for those who wish to progress on to a higher level qualification for example the LLM. Moreover, Graduate of this qualification will be equipped to advice on the following matters;
- International commercial law
- Law of financial crimes
- International trade law
- Company law
- Industrial and intellectual property law
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 1, 2015