Understand the theory and practical implications of investment management
Our Investment Management Programme focuses on topics where research on financial instruments and portfolio management provides important insights to investment professionals. The programme is structured over three terms with ten evenings per term (Tuesdays).
On completion, you will have a toolkit enabling you to select individual instruments, to evaluate investment strategies and to measure performance effectively.
Equity portfolio Management (term 1), introduces key investment management concepts in the context of equity portfolio management
Fixed Income Markets and Bond Portfolio Management (term 2), explores fixed income instruments, their derivatives and the associated portfolio management challenges
Derivatives, Markets and Models (term 3), studies a wide array of derivative instruments and their applications in investment management and risk management.
Term 1: Equity Portfolio Management
Term 2: Fixed Income Markets and Bond Portfolio Management
Term 3: Derivatives, Markets and Models
At the end of Equity Portfolio Management you will be able to:
- assess and select specific investment strategies
- evaluate performance measurement and risk management reporting critically
- manage the agency problems inherent when delegating portfolio management
- understand recent and likely future developments in investment management.
At the end of Fixed Income Markets and Bond Portfolio Management you will be able to:
- recognise the main characteristics of fixed income instruments
- value these instruments and assess their risk profile
- assess default risk and relative value in credit-risky situations
- manage a portfolio's interest rate and credit risk.
At the end of Derivatives, Markets and Models you will be able to:
- understand a wide array of derivative instruments and their markets
- rely on modelling techniques to appraise these derivatives
- use derivatives in investment management and risk management applications
- consider the impact of transaction costs and taxes.
The Investment Management Evening Programme is designed for professionals who require an understanding of the investment management process or of specific financial instruments.
This school offers programs in: