Ignite – Short Summer Course for Technology Entrepreneurs and Innovators
Ignite is an intensive, one-week training programme for aspiring entrepreneurs and corporate innovators to trial and prepare technology business ideas for the commercial environment. Comprised of a blend of practical teaching sessions, expert clinics, mentor sessions and experienced advice and support from leading entrepreneurs and innovators, it will give you the tools, contacts and confidence to transform your idea into a successful business project or venture.
When is it?
The next Ignite programme will take place from 10 July to 16 July 2016 at Cambridge Judge Business School.
Who is it for?
Ignite attracts a diverse range of projects which can be broadly categorised as being from the high-tech sector or life sciences sector.
The programme is aimed at:
- Researchers and managers from established organisations with business ideas for:
- Diversification of products and markets
- An internal venture or a spin out from your company
- Determining the best business model and marketing strategy to commercialise a new idea
- Developing commercial proposals to the Company Board in order to secure resources and internal support for your team
- Students, graduates or academics considering your own venture
- Directors of existing young businesses that are seeking to commercialise a new product or service
Facts about the programme
Over 600 participants from 26 countries across Europe, Asia and America have attended since the programme started in 1999. The alumni are made up of people from various disciplines and industry sectors ranging from business management, computer science, electrical and electronic engineering, mathematics, physics, and sociology through to biology, chemistry, genetics, material science and plant science. It is estimated that approximately 170+ business ventures have been up and running. Based on the recent alumni survey (2013), more than £120 million in funding has been raised and in the last 2 years approximately 2500+ jobs were created by the Ignite (previously Summer School) alumni.
Previous participants include entrepreneurs who have been in business for 1-3 years, scientists and academics from universities and research laboratories, and managers, engineers, technologists, and project leaders from large established organisations.
- Corporate delegate: £3000 per person
- Individual delegate: £1200 per person (i.e. individuals funding themselves for early stage business ventures or start-ups; if you are supported by other funds or at a different stage of business development, we are happy to discuss the fee level further).
How to Apply
The 17th Annual Ignite programme will run in July 2016 at Cambridge Judge Business School. Applications are now open.
In order to secure your place(s) and to take advantage of financial discounts, please pre-book as soon as possible. Discount rates are only available for those who book early and make full payment up front.
Ignite is an open and unaccredited programme. Applicants need to have a strong technology-based innovation, idea or project to progress to commercial realisation during the week.
Visit our website http://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/ignite/ for further information
Contact the team by email at email@example.com
Last updated December 10, 2015