IELTS® Test Prep – Online and Classroom training courses
What is the IELTS® test?
The IELTS® is the International English Language Testing System, an international standardised test of English language proficiency.It is most commonly used in English-speaking countries for admissions to educational institutions, immigration and work.
IELTS®is available in two formats depending on the reason for which the test is required:
Academic: This test format is used for those who wish to study abroad in an English-speaking institution of higher education. In this case, the test assesses a candidate’s knowledge of academic language which is essential in attending universities and Masters programs in English.
General Training: This test format is suitable for those who wish to go abroad for secondary education, immigration or work. In this case, the test measures English language proficiency in a practical everyday context.
Why take the IELTS® test?
The test is taken by non-native speakers of English of all ages from all over the world and it is used primarily for admission into universities/colleges/Business Schools where English is the medium of instruction (both undergraduate and postgraduate levels). It can also be used for immigration, scholarships and job applications.
How do I prepare for the test?
To address the test preparation needs of IELTS® students, we have developed the following IELTS® learning solutions:
• The MasterPrepIELTS® Long-distance course
• The MasterPrepIELTS ® In class course
• The MasterPrep Free Resources: the IELTS® Study Plan, the IELTS® Diagnostic Test, test preparation materials, Forum
New: The IELTS® one-day-workshop
The MasterPrep IELTS® in-class courses (individual and group) package usually includes the IELTS® Diagnostic Test, the IELTS® Study Plan, the IELTS® in-class sessions. To support your preparation, we will complement the in-class course with the IELTS® course Book.
A brief look at IELTS® academic in-class course content
• IELTS® main characteristics, test structure, time management
• Reading module, Listening module
• Speaking module, practice, feedback
• Writing module, assessing your writing, vocabulary focus on the language of change, cause and effect, comparison and contrast, academic language, practice and feedback
715 USD for 16hrs group course/612 USD for a 10hours individual course /$72 per hour individual tutoring
Last updated September 30, 2015