Graduate Diploma in Media
Do you want to develop hands-on media production skills? Was your first degree all theory and no practice? This practical 1-year program will give you entry-level professional skills that will set you up for a career in the media.
You will study:
- video (planning, shooting and editing)
- audio (recording and post-production)
- web production (including social media, virtual collaboration and website production).
On completion of the program, you will be able to produce short, professional-quality media projects, as well as distribute and market them online.
This program will allow you to develop a small but impressive portfolio of work to present to potential employers, and give you a clearer sense of your own career path. You will develop professional production skills throughout the program, which offers flexible learning options and condensed learning blocks.
You will explore contemporary media directions and combine old and new media techniques to develop finished works. Social media is a major focus of the program, giving you the skills to promote your work, as well as to produce online content.
The program provides access to teaching staff with relevant industry experience, and guest lecturers currently working in various media fields.
Successful completion of this program will qualify you for 1 year’s advanced standing in our Masters program.
Through collaborative practice you will develop the knowledge, technical skills and experience required to build a career in the increasingly integrated media industries, from traditional video and audio production to rising media channels.
This program is designed to meet the industry's need for graduates who are knowledgeable and skilled in:
- video (including TV)
- cross-media technologies
- web-based production
- both fiction and non-fiction projects.
You will be able to work independently and in production teams and confidently communicate with allied professionals such as designers and programmers.
Completion of an Australian bachelor degree or equivalent in any discipline.
English language requirements:
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- Academic IELTS (minimum scores) overall band of 6.5 with no individual band below 6.0
- TOEFL (Paper-based): minimum score of 580 (with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet-based): minimum score of 92 with a minimum of 20 in each section
- Cambridge English (Advanced CAE): CAE Grade B
- Pearson: Minimum score of 58 (no band less than 50).
Last updated January 6, 2016