Graduate Diploma in Finance, Accounting and Business
Our professional accountancy conversion programme is designed to offer you a graduate entry route to become a chartered accountant. Over the course of this 9 month accounting conversion course, you can develop your technical knowledge and understanding of accounting, finance and business. We will also help you to develop the personal and professional skills that you will need to be successful as an accounting and finance professional.
The professional accountancy programme offers you:
- A dual award (Graduate Diploma from Newcastle University and the ICAEW’s CFAB qualification)
- Classroom input from the ICAEW, employers and graduates give you the inside track on the route to Chartered Accountancy
- 7 out of 15 exemptions from the ICAEW ACA qualification, 6 out of 14 exemptions from the ACCA plus exemptions from other professional Accounting Bodies (CIMA, AIA)
- A professional accounting conversion course for graduates from any discipline to help prepare you for a career in accountancy or in business
- Development of technical and professional skills with a strong focus on employability
- The support of a knowledgeable Programme Team with strong links to the profession plus access to an award-winning Careers Service
The programme was developed in collaboration with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and is designed to offer you a graduate conversion course route to become a Chartered Accountant. The programme also includes a bespoke skills development module, developed and delivered in collaboration with the ICAEW and accountancy firms.
We are delighted that:
- 100% of the 2013 graduates graduated with a Merit or Distinction
- 89% of the 2013 graduates secured a full set of professional examination credits
- 80% of the 2013 graduates were employed in a professional or managerial role 6 months after graduation (Source: DLHE Survey)
- Fundamentals of financial accounting (20 credits)
- Personal and business taxation (20 credits)
- Auditing theory and practice (20 credits)
- Law for accounting practice (20 credits)
- Business strategy (20 credits)
- Business information and finance (20 credits)
- Personal and professional skills (20 credits)
We are looking for self-motivated and career minded graduates who wish to gain the additional knowledge and skills required to become accounting and finance professionals. There is no requirement for applicants to this programme to have studied business or accounting before as it has been designed as a graduate conversion programme.
Its status as a Graduate Diploma rather than a Masters qualification allows us to provide a real focus on the accountancy profession and give maximum attention to enabling students to develop the key technical and professional skills required to be successful as a trainee Chartered Accountant. 120 of the 140 credits that you study will provide credit towards the ICAEW’s ACA qualification. The programme has a strong course identity and you will be studying with a cohort of like-minded students with similar career aspirations.
What are our graduates doing now?
The programme has a strong vocational focus and we are delighted that 80% of the 2013 graduates were employed in a professional or managerial role 6 months after graduation (Source: DLHE Survey) Most have secured graduate training contract positions to complete the ICAEW ACA qualification. with firms ranging from international practices to regional independent firms including PwC, BDO, UNW, Kenneth Easby, Crowe, Clark Whitehall and Price Bailey.
Other recent graduates have also progressed to Masters degrees, training with CIMA and have secured graduate management positions.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 2, 2015