Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Teaching
Play a vital role in assisting the next generation to grow and learn.
This program is designed for primary teachers who want to be trained in early childhood teaching. You’ll gain the knowledge, skills and capabilities specific to early childhood, enabling you to teach in kindergartens, early learning centres and childcare settings.
Develop your understanding of how young children learn the skills they need for life. Learn how early childhood teachers link theories with practice and build on children’s creativity, problem solving and innovations by employing emerging technologies in curriculum design.
You will learn how to plan for the education of children from birth to eight years in a range of early childhood settings.
This is an intensive program conducted on Saturdays and during school term holidays.
You’ll complete 8 core courses from the following list:
- Applied Education Project
- Children, Education Settings and Society
- Early Childhood Language and Literacy
- Early Childhood Teaching Professional Practice 1
- Early Childhood Teaching Professional Practice 2
- Inclusive Education
- Investigating Science, Mathematics, Technology and the Environment
- Issues and Contexts in Education
- Linking Theory to Practice: Two to Eight Years
- Studying and Providing for Children Birth to Two.
You will also undertake 2 rounds of supervised professional placement.
Program entry requirements
Completion of an Australian bachelor degree in Teaching (Primary) or its equivalent.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- Academic IELTS (minimum scores) overall band 7.0 with no individual band below 6.5
- TOEFL (Paper Based) minimum score of 600 (with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of 5.0)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - iBT) minimum overall score of 100 with a minimum of 24 in writing and 22 in all other sections
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic) minimum score of 65 no band less than 58
- Cambridge English(Advanced CAE): CAE Grade B.
Last updated January 6, 2016