Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Education
The Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Education (GDipECE) programme is designed for practicing early childhood educators who want to enhance their academic and professional knowledge and skills. It is aimed at educators who want to acquire a recognised qualification in early childhood education but are unable to leave their place of work.
• This programme can be done fully online - making it easy for kindergarten teachers, primary school teachers, etc.
• Include Teaching Practicum sessions which will focus on improving practical skills in the classroom
• A diploma approved by MQA (Malaysian Qualifications Agency) or other qualifications recognised by the AeU Senate OR
• A minimum of two (2) Principals in STPM or equivalent qualifications (eg. A-Level) OR
• Be at least 21 years of age and possess a
• PMR/SPM/MCE/UEC or equivalent qualifications subject to an assessment of work experience and prior learning experience AND 2 years teaching experience or related experience in an education/ training institution
Modes of Study:
- Part Time
- Blended Learning
Duration: 2 years
No. of Semesters: 6 (1 semester is 3 mths)
No. of Subjects: 15 subjects
Teaching Practicum: Yes
Frequency of Tutorials: 3 times a month on weekends (Not compulsory)
• Trace the historical and philosophical origin of early childhood education.
• Apply knowledge of child development in planning respectful, supportive and challenging learning environments for all children.
• Plan and implement developmentally appropriate practices (DAP) for young children, with sensitivity to individual needs.
• Appreciate the importance of involving parents and families as partners in the education of young children.
• Establish and maintain responsible practices for promoting childhood health, safety, and nutrition.
• Apply the organisational regulations, policies, ethical guidelines, and standards associated with the provision of early childhood education services.
• Demonstrate the ability to teach young learners a variety of teaching methods and techniques.
• Appreciate that teaching young children is an art, science, craft and profession and the need to be reflective.
• Malaysian Studies
• Bahasa Kebangsaan
• Moral Studies or Islamic Studies
• History & Philosophy of Education
• Psychology of Education
• Curriculum Planning & Design
• Technology and Children
• Foundations of Early Childhood Education
• Growth and Development of Children
• Language & Literacy in Young Children
• Children's Health, Nutrition & Safety
• Socio-Emotional Development of Children
• Science and Mathematics for Young Learners
• Creative Arts, Music & Movement
• Children with Special Needs
• Home-School Partnership
• Management of Child Development Centres
• Teaching Practicum
• Postgraduate Diploma