Graduate Diploma in Adult and Vocational Education and Training
Prepare yourself for professional training and teaching roles in a diverse range of adult and vocational educational contexts.
You will gain skills in facilitation and management through designing effective adult learning environments and working with diversity and creative problem solving.
You’ll qualify as an advanced skills teacher, training developer or manager in schools, TAFE, industry and adult and community education.
This program is delivered face-to-face and via e-learning to meet the needs of busy adults.
A Graduate Certificate exit point is available.
The Graduate Diploma consists of 96 credit points. This incorporates the Graduate Certificate (48 credit points).
This program has been designed to develop your knowledge of and skills in learning and teaching in educational and industry-based settings. As part of the program, you’ll undertake work related projects and assessment.
You’ll also further develop skills in workplace research, self management and working collaboratively and effectively with people from a range of backgrounds in various educational settings.
You’ll complete the following courses:
- Contexts of Adult Learning
- Facilitating Literacy and Numeracy Learning in the Workplace
- Principles of Adult Learning and Teaching
- Workplace Based Practicum
- Assessment and Reporting in Adult and Vocational Education
- Cultural Diversity in Training
- Flexible and E-Learning in Adult and Vocational Education
- Supervised Teaching Practice.
Please note: courses listed may not be available each semester.
Program entry requirements
Completion of an Australian bachelor degree or equivalent. Applicants with significant work experience or professional practice may be considered.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete 1 of the following English proficiency tests:
- Academic IELTS (minimum scores) overall band 7.0 with no individual band below 6.5
- TOEFL (Paper Based) minimum score of 600 (with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of 5.0)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - iBT) minimum overall score of 100 with a minimum of 24 in writing and 22 in all other sections
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic) minimum score of 65 no band less than 58
- Cambridge English(Advanced CAE): CAE Grade B.
Last updated January 6, 2016